Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where is my filter?

Travis_Buchanan

I am with Travis...

Hardmill, do you have one for multiaxis--surface--parallel cuts? Maybe thats why I can't get rid of all the extra moves in my posted code.

All I see is a cut tolerance in the "surface paths" tab.

Maybe Gcode knows, he uses these paths more than I do.

PEACE :D

• Like 1

I've got a FIlter in 5X curve, right under Roughing, where you've just got a dotted line.

Do you have "Refine toolpath" turned on in the Control Panel App.

As far a s I know, that's just for the 3d toolpaths and should not have any effect on your 5axis filters.

I went to the X5 rollout the other day and Rizzo explained there is a deferance between the DVD and web download. If you installed from the DVD you should not have any problems (select solid, right click on color manager, select color, and entire solid body will change) I was, and still am, using the web download. So it does not quite work like that. If you have the DVD and installed from web. re-install using DVD. hope this helps.

Travis, Hardmill, web install or DVD? I know this is about colors and solids, but maybe.....

I did the web install.

I have both router and mill pro. Currently using mill. I installed from the DVD. I'm not an every day user anymore, so it takes a while for me to get up to speed. This is my 1st attempt at multiax in X5. My customer does not have the filter either. He has mill pro. Im getting some pretty stupid stuff going on with several areas. Axis limits doesn't seem to work with 4-axis button either.

I have both router and mill pro. Currently using mill. I installed from the DVD. I'm not an every day user anymore, so it takes a while for me to get up to speed. This is my 1st attempt at multiax in X5. My customer does not have the filter either. He has mill pro. Im getting some pretty stupid stuff going on with several areas. Axis limits doesn't seem to work with 4-axis button either.

I wouldnt think there should be any difference with either install. "strange" :huh:

PEACE :D

• 2 months later...

ok this is getting annoying. Files that should be 250k are coming out 10mb. Is the filter going to be in X5 mr1? Im not using X5 because the filter is missing but a lot of my customers are and it is causing me headaches. Verify times through the roof and long load times on the machines as well as memory and line number issues.