Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Haas Machines and Grease vs Way oil???

• 2 weeks later...

It's not alot of pressure at all. You can only feel it if you put your hands around the underside of the way covers.

Yeah the coolant may last longer, but not the dam machine it's in! Plus spindle still uses oil.

interesting idea, having airflow through the machine.

wonder what effect this will have on thermal stability, with Haas' uncooled screws>

I have run routers with very long linear bearings with nasty abrasive fiberglass and all other things imagined. The dust collector is key to keeping the stuff out of the bearings. I would think a higher flow of grease could also help purge foreign material from the bearings. The one thing I think every one is missing. You can now just replace a couple of rails and your machine was as new! I think HAAS parts are reasonablely priced some things are crazy though like the grease, But We sourced it locally and got it in a 5 gallon bucket.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, are there any high end American made CNC machines out there? Any that would be comparable to the Japanese machines (Mori, Matsuura, Makino, etc...)?

I spent a little time on Cinncinatti's web page this morning.. made me want to cry..

It looks like an Enco catalog from the 80's.. It's amazing how far a once great brand has fallen

• Like 1

I spent a little time on Cinncinatti's web page this morning.. made me want to cry..

It looks like an Enco catalog from the 80's.. It's amazing how far a once great brand has fallen

G, you were on the fake Cincinnati page. The real Cincinnati (now MAG) still makes some super bitchin specialized machines. The BS one is just some guy trying to peddle re-badged import crap.

Fake garbage Cincinnati: http://www.cinmac.com/index.html

Real Cincinnati: http://www.mag-ias.com/en/home.html

Real Cincinnati:

MAGXTi5AxisProfiler.jpg

Fake garbage Cincinnati:

$(KGrHqYOKpME3tfpzupFBN-mgpc7mw~~_35.JPG