Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MAZAK G53Z0,G30X0Y0

tycobbwildwood

THIS IS THE CODE I USE ON MY MAZAK MILL G53Z0,G30X0Y0 AT THE END OF THE PROGRAM TO BRING THE TABLE TO ITS SECONDARY HOME AT THE END OF THE PROGRAM HAS ANYONE EVER USED THIS IN THE MIDDLE OF A PROGRAM FOR INSTANCE YOU WANT TO DO A TOOL CHECK MY THINKING IS I COULD ALSO I DO A LOT OF LIGHTS OUT MACHINING ON TITANIUM 6/4 I GENERALLY JUST BACK OFF DEPTH CUTS AND LET ER RUN MOST OF THE NIGHT IS THERE A CODE TO GRAB A DIFFERENT TOOL # AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME I THOUGHT I HAD READ IT HERE BEFORE SAY U HAD TOOL 1 AND TOOL 2 BOTH 1/2 IN ROUGHER AND AFTER 3 HRS OF MACHINING I WANTED IT TO CHANGE TO TOOL 2 AND START BACK RIGHT WHERE IT WAS THE WAY I DO IT NOW IS ON A 3D TOOLPATH I WILL HAVE 2 IDENTICAL 3D SURFACE TOOLPATH AND JUST CHANGE MY DEPTH LIMITS IN MASTERCAM AND HAVE IT START WHERE THE OTHER TOOL FINISHED THANKS FOR ANY INFO

What Mazak machine is it? What controller is it ?

Look up sister tooling, this is what you are talking about, but it will only change the tool after the programmed sequence is finished, and the time has passed its set limit.

P.S Caps Lock is regarded as shouting.

Thanks for the reply I am well aware that caps is shouting.I was using a Iphone app a friend of mine is designing and testing called type no more.Just like mastercam it has several bugs to be worked out.I was driving down the road asking my question into the phone while at the same time it was typing the words in the forum.It has 3 more test to pass before it becomes available in late march or early april.I use to think he was crazy and wasting his time 4 Iphone apps later and $2.3 million dollars later looks like he's the smart one and I am the crazy one because I still punch a time clock.

Thanks again your answer has helped

What i do is put some retracts in every now and than and call another toolchange. if you set up the redundant tooling on the mazak it will change to the next tool in the group if the life of the current tool is over. i usually use it on tombstone work and when i retract on the tombstone rotation i will call up the tool again. if the life is over then it will grab the new tool. I dont know how to have mcam do it but i dont need it to often. i just hand code it in.

ex;

M6T1B0(T1 AND T2 ARE IN GROUP 1)

CUT;

CUT;

G0G91G30Z0

B90

M6T1(IF THE TOOL LIFE CAME UP DURING B0 FACE THIS WILL ACTUALLY CALL THE NEXT TOOL IN THE GROUP)

CUT;

CUT;

M1

Kind of hard to explain but hopfully you get the idea. If your machine takes itself to the toolchange position on an M6 it might just be a matter of calling a toolchange every so often during long roughing. On our PFH-4800 fusion if you call a tool change and the tool is already in the spindle then it wont go home.

test it out.

To raise the spindle up (end of program and end of each tool, before tool change), I use:

G91 G28 Z0.

To move the table, I use:

G0 G90 G53 X[#198] Y[#199]

We assign varibles for x and y so that the positions can be adjusted at the machine without the need to mess with the program.