Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Programming a pause

Marshal

What is the process for adding a "pause" to a toolpath? For example, if I'd like to make a cut with tool 1, pause to add clamps or change something, then continue cutting with tool 1 (or even switch tools), how would I add a pause where I want it to stop? I realize I could probably just add a M01 in the code, but how would I set MCam to do that for me? It wouldn't surprise me if there's some simple button to do this and I'm missing it, but I've never done it before so go easy :)

I'm especially trying to do this on our new AXYZ router using X5, but if it's easy enough, I've got a few programs on the mill it'd be nice as well.

What is the process for adding a "pause" to a toolpath? For example, if I'd like to make a cut with tool 1, pause to add clamps or change something, then continue cutting with tool 1 (or even switch tools), how would I add a pause where I want it to stop? I realize I could probably just add a M01 in the code, but how would I set MCam to do that for me? It wouldn't surprise me if there's some simple button to do this and I'm missing it, but I've never done it before so go easy :)

I'm especially trying to do this on our new AXYZ router using X5, but if it's easy enough, I've got a few programs on the mill it'd be nice as well.

Marshal, you need to use a program stop, M00. This way, it will always stop regardless of the op stop button. In MC you can do this a number of ways, one way is to add a manual entry and add M00.

Marshal, you need to use a program stop, M00. This way, it will always stop regardless of the op stop button. In MC you can do this a number of ways, one way is to add a manual entry and add M00.

alright, I'll give that a shot.

thanks for the quick reply

Ahh, actually in X5 you can Dave.

Manual Entry works, but I have taken to adding a canned text function if I do it enough.

John, IMO, Manual entry and canned text are for (or can be) for two different purposes:

If what I need is part of the OP, I would use canned text. However, sometimes I want an op that is by itself (we break all programs in N blocks and use N blocks for safe start positions), then I prefer manual entry.

Glad to see you can transform in X5 although we will be on NX before adding X5 :p