Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Thread Milling

DODGERFAN

Hey guys,

Another first for me. I am getting ready to do a thread mill opp, and i am trying to define my tool, should i create one with create tool, if so there is no option for thread mill in "creat tool" any ideas? or if anybody has a tool defined and wouldn't mind sending it to me, that would be verry much appriciated.

thread is 7/16-20 thanks in advance........

/hijack

It amazes me that some of the basic stuff still isn't implemented into a "Premier" Cam product.

Will they ever let you define a chain as stock?

/hijack off

For a regular thread, just select a 7/16 endmill,edit the tool and change the sizes and flute length, rename it .. and then just click save tool.

For me, that's the quickest and easiest way to "create" a basic threadmill.

• Like 1

There are easy ways to do it, as mentioned. I prefer the suggestions of creating a custom tool. If you 2-d draw the exact profile of your thread mill, you get excellent backplot and accurate verification. The stock gets the threads cut right into it and you have a "perfect" representation of your finished part.

• Like 1

guess what? I have never used the FTP before. lol

the reality is i am just a lathe guy trying to fill

this seat. so far i'm doing ok, but gots lots to learn. B)

Im emailing a few Ray

What thread pitch is it ??

I usually just use a dovetail cutter and be done with it.

PEACE :D

• Like 2

As a Side option, there are tool makers that have threadmill software available for download. I've been using the one from Advent Tool with great success for jobs I've been converting from taps to threadmills. 10-32 mostly here. And for roughing J-Thread parts that give us hell with taps as well. You can define a custom tool and have it generate gcode for a number of machines.

There is no thread mill option :angry: still

If you want to see it, you'll have to do it as a custom tool, otherwise just using and endmill works as well.

Depends what you want

Yet another feature that should have been there since the initial X release.

Make you wonder who is setting the development priority.

They'll probably get this done when they roll out the completed MTM module. LOL!