Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Graphics problems

JasonM

The PC I use at work is brand new and has a AMD FirePro v3800 graphics card.

This is what I see when I verify the majority of my programs. Some are not as bad as this example, but 99% of the time there are problems with the graphics.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

post-7539-0-95921300-1296060392_thumb.jpg

You might want to try going to the Solidworks web site and download one of the apporved drivers for that card.

Because Solidworks used it's customers maintenance money to develop working drivers that Mastercam users can get for free.

So Hardmill should these be available to Mastercam users?

"If you put nothing into it, you dont deserve it."

"

John

Because Solidworks used it's customers maintenance money to develop working drivers that Mastercam users can get for free.

they are stock Nvidia drivers.. Solidworks just gives them a workout before recommending them.

They can't be too concerned about it because you do not have to be a SolidWorks maintenance customer

to access the download page

SW graphics driver page

So Hardmill should these be available to Mastercam users?

"If you put nothing into it, you dont deserve it."

"

John

SW lists cards that work for SW. If they work well for MC, it has nothing to do with SW and SW's customers money.

Actually, solidworks did not make the drivers, but certifies that they do what SW wants them to do. The video card maker makes many drivers as support to their customer base.

You can download the as a courtesy of the maker, just as some post writers do. I have given a number of posts, including 5axis, to people, but to none that demanded them

Like others have said the drivers from solidworks are actually the ATI drivers. You can download them at no charge from the ATI website or the Solidworks website. You may have to try a few different driver versions to see which one works better.

I have found that ATI drivers can be tricky to get installed properly. I have used a free tool called Driver Sweeper to help clean out old ATI drivers in the past. Just google it to find the download. Drivers for Nvidia cards seem to install much more easily. Anyway, here is the link to solidworks. Solidworks driver reccomendations

Drivers for Nvidia cards seem to install much more easily

The latest Nvidia Quadro drivers have 2 options

Express.. which overwrites the old drivers and keeps existing profiles

or

clean install... which uninstalls the old drivers, deletes old profiles and installs a fresh set of drivers..