Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FAQS

Hardmill

Do you think it's ever happened that someone worked for months with their dealer on a post. The dealer charging by the hour to resolve issues.

Then a month later that dealer sells an exact copy of that post to another customer? And keeps all the money?

John

If you put nothing into it, you dont deserve it.

PEACE :D

• Like 1
The dealer charging by the hour to resolve issues

I've purchased many posts.. from both In House and my local dealer

We negotiate a price and they deliver the post... tweaking is included in the purchace price.

I have NEVER been charged by the hour for post tweaking.

If you develop or pay to develop the post, well if you want to give it away, that's your business.

Hopefully the person getting the post will return the favor in some way down the road. Give and take.

The issue here (I think), is giving posts to takers and those that may not be paying for the software. All the advice on this forum is free and it's worth a lot more than posts. But, we hope people give back.

Normally post that have been developed by a dealer are encrypted and will only run on your sims.

If developed by a dealer (on there own), cool. If I pay them to develop for me, no dice.

All the years we did design and build of machines, the customer paid us to design, and therefore, they own it when done (except the few cases where I stated outright that was not the case for several reasons)

That is not unusual at all.

Vericut encrypts machines they build for you.

Or, you can buy a license and build your own.

The difference is, Mastercam includes the ability to make your own...... With no special license required.

Shoot, you could make/tweek a Mastercam post without mastercam at all. But you couldn't test it.

This leads me to a question on posts. I believe the demo version (one you can use at home without a license) will not post. Is there a way to get a "post learning" demo? I don't often find time at work to "learn" the posts very well. I only have time to do what's necessary and move on. I would very much like to master the posting side of mastercam, but I would like to be able to do it from home. I have the .pdf's and samples, etc.... I just don't have the time (uninterrupted) to do it at work.

Is there a Mastercam demo version available that would allow me to practice/learn how to edit/modify/write posts on my home computer?

Is there a Mastercam demo version available that would allow me to practice/learn how to edit/modify/write posts on my home computer?

Not to my knowledge..you'd need to take sim home to do that... or if your employer runs a nethasp.. you can access it via a broadband Internet connection

and run Mastercam just like you were sitting at work.

Crap, that's what i figured. I'll check with the IT nerds, but that's probably a no go. I was able to do it when I took my laptop home from work, but I gave it back cause I couldn't stand using the tiny thing.

I'll give my reseller a call today and see if there's anything available that will let me do it.