Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

M00

Kathy_M

I'm back for more help. Tonite I'm at home. I had no time at work today to stop by for a lesson.

I have tried repeatedly to insert M00 in my programs. The best I can do is add it as a note inside parenthases and then edit them out() after I post it. This is a pain in the butt when you want to keep tweeking the toolpath. Also because I have to make all edits in the software. "They" don't like it when you change toolpaths at the machine. Once I did stumble across the right spot to click but now when I think I'm going back to that box, it's empty. Would some one please just tell me the correct sequence of "clicks"? I will write them down and I WILL commit them to memory. I got that circle mill thing down pat now.

Kathy,

To get a an M00 I open the Tool Parameters

page for the operation AFTER the desired M00

Open the Change NCI box and check "Force tool change".

For example, if you have 4 operations with T1

and you need an M00 to move a clamp for OP4,

click the Force tool change in the 4th OP.

Mastercam will load T1 and run the first 3 OPS,

rapid home, output an M00 then load T1 again and run the 4th OP.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Kathy

It all depends on where you want your M00 to output and how your post is formatted. If you are looking to do what GCode is doing; then what he is saying would work.

If you're looking to post a stop at the beginning of an operation (like to oil a tap, or blow out some holes for reaming or something) if you go into your Tool Parameters and check the "Canned Text", then pick "Stop" and "Before", that seems to output the M00 in the most logical place. "With" and "After" give strange results with my posts; I'm sure I could do a little post editing to get them where I want.

Hope this helps

C

Mayhaps someone would show KAthy_M the correct post mods to force what she is trying to do in "Manual Entry" tool paths. This is the quickest and best way to force code IMHO.

quote:

With Mpmaster post:

1005 - Comments

1006 - Optional G & M-Codes

(requires post mod at pcomment post block)

GCODES method forces all M1 in *ALL* my Mill posts, not M00. So be advised that this method is also post specific

-Keith

Kathy,

I did what Keith talked about in our haas post. the code looks like this :

pcomment # Manual Entry - COMMENTS (on a block by itself) 1005,1006

if gcode=1005, pcomment1 # Manual Entry Comment - 1005 - Codes

if gcode=1006, pcomment2 # Manual Entry Comment - 1006 - Comments

if gcode=1007, pcomment3 # Define comment with output line

if gcode=1008, pcomment2 # Define NC parameter comment - Operation comments

pcomment1 # Manual Entry - Codes - Without brackets

scomm = ucase (scomm)

if sav_spc = zero, n, "", scomm

else, n, " ", scomm

pcomment2 # Manual Entry - Comments - With brackets and sequence number

scomm = ucase (scomm)

n, "(", scomm, ")"

Use Manual entry and create a txt file to add whatever info you need. I save the file and use the one i need. Just remember which box to ck in manual entry, 1005 or 1006.

mikee smile.gif

Thanks for the help. I'm not allowed to change the post so I guess I can't use the misc.integers but using that "force tool change" will come in handy. I don't know why but the canned text just has numbers one thru ten on it. No actual text. Maybe this is something that has to be set up? maybe the last guy who worked at this station deleted the contents when he deleted all of his work. I don't know.

Kathy.

quote:

I don't know why but the canned text just has numbers one thru ten on it. No actual text

you can fix that in jiffy.

browse your hard disk for your mill/posts folder. Find the .txt file that is associated with your post. then scroll down the list un till you find

quote:

[canned text]

1. "M0"

2. "M1"

3. "Block Delete on"

4. "Block Delete off"

5. "M5"

6. "M6"

7. "M7"

8. "M8"

9. "M9"

10. "M10"

although yours may look like this

quote:

1. "Ostop"

2. "Stop"

3. "Bld on"

4. "bLd off"

5. "Text5"

6. "Text6"

7. "Text7"

8. "Text8"

9. "Text9"

10. "Text10"

Edit the .txt to reflect your needs. save a copy first smile.gif

hth

-Keith

You guys(and gals) are too cool. I talked to the guy with the access and got him to change the 2 posts for our Haas. Tomorrow I'll share this latest tip with him and get those changes done, too. I wish he didn't think he knew everything. He's a smart kid but he has alot to learn. Like when to ask for help! wink.gif

I have recently discovered canned text. It seems to be the proper application for this. I have only used it for M00 but I would for M60,M61 or any "one code" command. You can also use more than one of your canned text strings.

I took all the canned text info from mpfan and took about an hour to debug.