Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPLMaster for Okuma

Is anyone using MPLMaster for Okuma?

I've been playing around with (interested in the LAP format), but for some reason, even though I choose Tool Table output, it wont output a tool table at the start of the programme. MPLMaster (Fanuc) does this fine.

Does MPLMaster for the Okuma not have this functionality?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Ron, I didn't see your reply. There is nothing wrong with the LAP cycle output.

I just wanted to output a tool list at the head of the programme. I've seen this function in other lathe posts, but it doesn't seem to work in the Okums posts.

I was under the impression that if the tooltable value was set to three, it should output a tool table at the start of the programme. However, it doesn't :(

The tooltable$ variable only indicates to the MP that you want it to read and the info into the pwrtt$ block, you need to have the tool table output logic built inside the post to take advantage of it. Like Gcode said, look into mplmaster to see where it's coming from.

The pwrtt$ block is called to read or pre-process the NCI to allow you to store some info (like tool numbers, offset and name among others, ...) to force the MP.dll to get into this block you need to let it know by settings the tooltable$ variable to the proper value (in this case 3).

HTH