Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam swis expert

jas6142

Hi All,

Yes, we are indroducing, demoing, whatever you'd like to call it, our new Swiss Expert Product at PMTS.

We acquired the code late last year from Jurasoft who became a casualty of the economic crisis. They were just starting to hit their stride in late 2008 with about 100 seats delivered primarily in Switzerland and France when everyone stopped buying. The more expensive machines were the hardest hit and Swiss machines really slowed down.

We got a great product that was designed from the ground up for Swiss machines, something we are finding out is very important.

To answer specific questions -

It is not MMT2.0

It is a standalone product at present, will be for a while.

We have rebranded it and are in the process of tuning it for markets outside of Europe. There are a few things that people in Europe do differently than the US and other markets. Plus the translation needs a little polishing so you won't see an error message in French.

We have brought on 3 people in Switzerland, 2 are from the original staff, and are hiring more developers to keep the product moving. In fact, this post is being made from Switzerland. I have been hopping back and forth once a quarter as the business, and product, evolves.

We are adding Resellers slowly, Swiss machines and their support is not trivial! We are training the resellers as we go to prepare them as best we can.

I hope this answers your questions.

gary

From what I'm hearing from some friends in Europe, Missler seem to be making the same kind of claims that they brought Sylvie Expert?

So did CNC just buy a copy of the code and hire a couple of the developers after they got laid off?

And Missler got everything else?

If they only sold a 100 seats across Europe then competing with the likes of Delcam Partmaker is going to be a real tough game.

I've done a fair amount of Swiss programming from time to time and it can be a very picky industry, IMHO.