Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterGage / Multigage users

chipking

I've gone through a 3-4 day seminar and training session with Ron Branch at Verisurf. Got to play with the setup quite a bit. I don't have access to one on a daily basis, but it is a nice setup IMHO.

Also with Ron....noway, nohow, nowhere will you find better support and knowledge.

• 6 months later...

We sell those here in Finland, so I have used it a lot. It can do reverse and inspection. You can also use it to inspect paper drawings.

I have attached a picture of a part that I reversed using 3Dgage. I then used the Robotmaster-addon to cut the same part (scaled smaller) with a robot. Then I could inspect the part I just cut, to see if it came out right. The robot had default parameters, so it had a habit of messing around in Z-direction.

One of our customers uses it to make custom rally and historic car parts. They can reverse the old part so it looks historically correct, and machine a fresh copy from solid aluminum block. After machining, they can inspect it to see, if the part is ok.

post-7853-0-95169100-1319699204_thumb.jpg

post-7853-0-86656300-1319699212_thumb.jpg

We sell those here in Finland, so I have used it a lot. It can do reverse and inspection. You can also use it to inspect paper drawings.

I have attached a picture of a part that I reversed using 3Dgage. I then used the Robotmaster-addon to cut the same part (scaled smaller) with a robot. Then I could inspect the part I just cut, to see if it came out right. The robot had default parameters, so it had a habit of messing around in Z-direction.

One of our customers uses it to make custom rally and historic car parts. They can reverse the old part so it looks historically correct, and machine a fresh copy from solid aluminum block. After machining, they can inspect it to see, if the part is ok.

cool! What model of robot was it Eki?

I work exclusively with Robotmaster here in Canada - if you ever have any questions about Robotmaster or robots let me know - Always up for sharing info

Yeah glad to see people doing things never thought possible just 10 years ago. We passed the 100 arms sold point. Amazing little pieces of equipment. As product manager I can say I am really impressed and think every shop will benefit from this solution.

Here are a couple videos about what it does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc10x5Hv1SE