Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 MU1 Crashes

diggityds

The problem happens more often when you copy a pocket tool path below the original and start changing options in the tool path tree. We change settings in tool path type, then move ahead and change our tool, cut parameters works, after that when we click on roughing options x5 mu1 will stall and give us an unhandled exemption error and crash. This happens on our windows xp machine. I test the same problem on our windows 7 and while moving thru the options on the tool path tree once you get to the rough options the tree will not change. You have to skip over it and move on to entry motion and then come back to rough options for it to work. in windows xp it will just crash. Is anyone else having this problem?

I forgot to mention that when we copy the pocket tool path we are also changing it to remachining and that causes a crash only when we work our way down to the roughing options in the toolpath tree. On our windows 7 system every thing is okay other then the roughing icon wont work unless you skip it and jump back to it. I tried saving Like Murlin suggested but didn't work.

I forgot to mention that when we copy the pocket tool path we are also changing it to remachining and that causes a crash only when we work our way down to the roughing options in the toolpath tree. On our windows 7 system every thing is okay other then the roughing icon wont work unless you skip it and jump back to it. I tried saving Like Murlin suggested but didn't work.

You are not alone.

Same problem here.

Looks like a bug to me.

The problem happens more often when you copy a pocket tool path below the original and start changing options in the tool path tree. We change settings in tool path type, then move ahead and change our tool, cut parameters works, after that when we click on roughing options x5 mu1 will stall and give us an unhandled exemption error and crash. This happens on our windows xp machine. I test the same problem on our windows 7 and while moving thru the options on the tool path tree once you get to the rough options the tree will not change. You have to skip over it and move on to entry motion and then come back to rough options for it to work. in windows xp it will just crash. Is anyone else having this problem?

Have you sent a sample file to QC yet? I've tried a few things quickly creating a simple pocket toolpath, copying it, changing to remachining and clicking through the tree. When I went to regenerate the operation, it appeared to lock up but then continued (it just took a bit to crunch the data). Is there anything else about it that you've noticed?

We have seen (during testing) issues with changing from one toolpath type to another but they are generally cleared up with the released version. So, any additional information (settings, example file, etc) would be helpful.

Thanks

Deb Rossing

Quality Control

CNC Software, Inc.

Have you sent a sample file to QC yet? I've tried a few things quickly creating a simple pocket toolpath, copying it, changing to remachining and clicking through the tree. When I went to regenerate the operation, it appeared to lock up but then continued (it just took a bit to crunch the data). Is there anything else about it that you've noticed?

We have seen (during testing) issues with changing from one toolpath type to another but they are generally cleared up with the released version. So, any additional information (settings, example file, etc) would be helpful.

Thanks

Deb Rossing

Quality Control

CNC Software, Inc.

The crash happens on our windows xp comp after copying a mill roughing toolpath and then simply clicking down thru the toolpath tree. When I do the same thing on our windows7 comp the toolpath tree menus will not activate once u click them, the work around in windows 7 is to click to the next item in the tree and then come back. On both systems xp and windows 7 the problem seems like its at the same spot but both handle them different, xp will crash, and 7 will get temporarily stuck. I will call my reseller and get info on this on where to send this file and QC.

I spoke with customer support with my reseller and we came to the conclusion that the apply button was causing the x5 mu1 crashes in windows xp. At first they couldn't duplicate the problem cause no one there uses apply. We tried fresh installs thinking it might have been a config problem, but the crashes were occuring with all of mcams defaults as well. Once you copy a toolpath and start changing settings in the toolpath tree if you hit the blue apply button then proceed to the roughing icon it would crash. The work around is don't hit the apply button. In windows 7 the roughing icon would not activate until you skip ahead then come back. In conclusion they will alert cnc software of the bug, but for now they said try not to hit the apply button. I'm used to using it cause in earlier releases the settings would not stick until you hit apply. If anyone runs into this problem I suggest upgrading to windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have had similar problems as reported above. My os is Windows 7 & Mastercam crashes alot for me when I copy toolpaths and then change settings in the copied toolpath, particularly depth cuts. Does anyone know if this is fixed in X6? Thanks. My sig. is wrong, I'm using X5 MU1.

I wouldn't count on it. There sure are alot of bugs and now x6. Maybe they should fix the problems before adding more stuff. I'm having a hard time dealing with this software.