Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Job Boss

ToolMan184

Hmm.... we are about to buy E2, what are the lies before we pull the trigger on this?

They have promised a new version for well over 4 years to fix the inventory lengths to decimal.

Their materials inventory only does whole numbers no decimals. So here is our problem. We quote a job using Ø6 x 24.375" of CPM 15V. We get the job, system looks into inventory and we dont have stock so it creates an order to order it but it rounds the number to 24", we receive material and its too short. So, the inventory module is useless for the most part.

This one of many issues we have run into. Just not worth the fight any more. We were promised version 8 at IMTS in 2006. We are still on Version 7 but like most software companies, they expect you to pay your maint. every year. Our maint. used to be based off what we paid for the software then they changed it to a percentage of the retail price. Our fees almost doubled.

• Like 1

I've got JobBoss. We bought it just to help manage paperwork for outside processes and shipping, etc. We only use a tiny fraction of what it's capable of.

What are you intending to do with it? If you want to use it as a TRUE MRP or ERP system, you'll need a person full time to get it set up and running the way you want.

Hum we used it and liked it. Ran the last company I worked for only with Job Boss. Always got updates and prompt customer service.Sorry, but your decimal problem sounds like someone not doing their job when ordering. We always have the material length on the first line of every traveler. Inspection always buys off on all P.O.'s and if the Traveler says 24.375 and 24" is on the order then the person ordering is not paying attention and the person checking it is not paying attention. When you make your tags in the Job Boss system and check their progress on the portal you have one open for 5 years on the same problem?

Hum we used it and liked it. Ran the last company I worked for only with Job Boss. Always got updates and prompt customer service.Sorry, but your decimal problem sounds like someone not doing their job when ordering. We always have the material length on the first line of every traveler. Inspection always buys off on all P.O.'s and if the Traveler says 24.375 and 24" is on the order then the person ordering is not paying attention and the person checking it is not paying attention. When you make your tags in the Job Boss system and check their progress on the portal you have one open for 5 years on the same problem?

Ron, the problems he's having are with E2, that's why he's looking at JobBOSS.

We have two seat here (7 man shop). I have run it for 8-9 years and have been happy with it. We use if for quoting, outside service RFQs, routing, material/hardware purchasing, material lot tracking and shipping/receiving. We use a second product that integrates with JobBoss for Quality control (NC, CAR, Customer concerns, inspection reports) (JobBoss does offer their own product now). We are working on using it for total inventory control and total live data collection to help with delivery scheduling (shorten delivery time less WIP), but trying to beat it in to everyones head that the just cant cut material anymore and have to log time is a challenge (garbage in garbage out). Like any software there are great points and parts that you think should work differently, some caused by user error and some by software design.

JobBoss offered this year an unlimited training program. I paid one flat fee and anyone from my shop can sign up for any of the instructor lead online interactive training sessions usually 2-4 hours a day 1 - 3 days long. Our shop has taken about three times more in value of classes than what we paid up front. Classes ranging from basic software operation to advanced Crystal reporting.

The biggest hurtle we faced was getting our material entered in in a consistent manor. I eventually made an excel spread sheet that uses drop down boxes to enter material parameters and then you just have to copy and past into JobBoss to create the new material. I wish I would have made it when I started.

I talked to JobBoss and they told me that they have an aggressive trade-in program, each case is different, but I was informed that it is usually up to 50% off the cost of the software. JobBoss also has a number of free webinars several times per month.

ToolMan184 I have a contact number/email about the trade in program if you would like me to send it to you. If you have any specific questions contact me and I will do my best to answer them.

I may sound like I am in sales, but I assure you this is an unpaid testimonial.

They have promised a new version for well over 4 years to fix the inventory lengths to decimal.

Their materials inventory only does whole numbers no decimals. So here is our problem. We quote a job using Ø6 x 24.375" of CPM 15V. We get the job, system looks into inventory and we dont have stock so it creates an order to order it but it rounds the number to 24", we receive material and its too short. So, the inventory module is useless for the most part.

This one of many issues we have run into. Just not worth the fight any more. We were promised version 8 at IMTS in 2006. We are still on Version 7 but like most software companies, they expect you to pay your maint. every year. Our maint. used to be based off what we paid for the software then they changed it to a percentage of the retail price. Our fees almost doubled.

hijack:

Hi Joe, how ya been?

end hijack: