Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolpath surfacing

foolsh

just a sugestion,

are the walls with the marks steeper than say 45 degrees? i try to stay away from using finish parralell across entire surfaces when angles vary quite a bit. i will normaly tackle a job with a surface contour then a shallow path with angle adjustments to clean up all the scallops. not sure if this helps. one thing i have found with mc is there is usually more than one way to get the results you need.

trevor

I've run into this alot on parrallel programs, and if you turn of your filter it will go away.

What it is the control points that the program is reading still fall with in the tolerence that you have put in, but what get is the last point that it reads maybe just a touch lower than the one it is going to. I just machined two cores a right and left that are very similiar. On both I had a total cut tolerence of 0.0002"inches, but one core I had the filter turned on with 0.0001" tolerence and 0.0001" cut tolerence and I got the scares acroos the flat surface. On the other core I turn off the filter and ran with 0.0002 cut tolerence and low and behold no scares or digs just a nice flat surface.

Hope this helps.

Eric

Eric has a good point. However, if you have a contoured surface that needs machined along with the flat areas, you shold use the filter, one way, to create arcs in the posted code. I have used parallel many times when I was model making prototypes. Granted, there are still a couple of desired features/updates that I think should be added to the parallel path.

As far as the project-blend method, I use the same principle. My parts need to come off my machine with little to no hand-work for finishing. My surfaces are multi-contoured. The one-way filter style has not let me down yet. (Knocking on wood.)

I have the same problem with project blend digging on flat or slighty tapered surface turned filter off and worked great Also still having the problem with the thorough blend totally wipping my part out change it back to quick and it doesnt happen So I dont use the thorough much but try when it is supposed to shine on steep or slight tapers and it fails. rolleyes.gif