Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rhino 3D

TeccBoxx

I will be taking a Rhino 3D class next semester and I was wondering if anyone has used it before to design parts etc,.. Reason I am asking is because I am trying the demo out right now and wondering on how you are importing it into Mastercam. Are you saving it as a STL or is there another add-on that can be used with mastercam as Solidworks has? Any info will be very helpful.

Mastercam will import parasolids even if you don't have the solids package. It will convert it to surfaces and wireframe. We have a seat of Solids and one without. Parasolid is the best format to import into Mastercam, in my opinion.

Lynn

Thanks Kevin Clark, smile.gif

Actually we can export our surface models as ACIS or Parasolid .

But there's no option to import Parasolid or ACIS . We have problems importing some of our SolidWorks parts to Rhino ( using IGES ).

If you know how to import X_T or SAT or if you're using a 3rd party addon , please inform us. We need it seriously.

Thanks in advance

kevin Wolf

quote:

If you know how to import X_T or SAT or if you're using a 3rd party addon

X_T and SAT are on the File/Converters menu in MC, Parasld being X_T and SAT is 3 spots down from that.

And in Solidworks, in the File/Open menu, click the Files of type dropdown and X_T is a Parasolid file and SAT is an ACIS.

HTH

...I just realized you were talking about Rhino, and you're right. You can export SAT's and X_T's, but i don't see them on the import menu....Check the Rhino site for an importer.

[ 06-02-2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Zero ]

I have the demo for Rhino. It will save 25 times. Tried SolidWorks for a month. Nice programs. Wish I knew how to run them. Learning Mastercam, which takes up most of my time. Varicad is an interesting 3D Solid Modeler, though it's file converters are pathetic. It only costs $400, though! From the Czech Republic.

Got the BobCAD demo. There's a reason it's a tenth of the price of MC >> "You pay for what you get." It's kinda fun, though. Easy.