Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPLFAN parts catcher

I cannot for the life of me figure out where this post is getting the output below :angry: .

I grabbed the default lathe post that came with X5 to do this. I edited the schute M code section to the right m codes for my machine (m86/m87) but I keep getting this output with it that I can't find anywhere. The post debugger doesn't help either since these commands aren't anywhere in the post. Why am I getting m16m00 and m17m00 output on these lines??

All I want is M86(Advance Chute) and M87(Retract Chute) to output. Any ideas?

( CUTOFF )
G50 S3600
G96 S288
X1.4
Z-2.125
G1 X1.12 F.0015
G0 X1.4
X1.6
Z-2.105
G1 X1.4
M86M16M00       <---m86 is correct, m16m00 should not be output!
X1.3941
X1.2
G3 X1.16 Z-2.125 I-.02
G1 X-.0037
M87M17M00      <---m87 is correct, m16m00 should not be output
X-.02
X.18
G0 X1.4
M9
G28 U0. W0. M5

Search for this section in your post

# Chute M code selection
sm73	: "M73"  	#Chute retracted
sm74	: "M74"  	#Chute engaged
schute  : ""     	#Target string

Post it up here

I think the "M73" & "M74" are going to be different in your post.

That section I changed just fine, its just adding code and I have no idea where it's coming from. No section of the post tells me to output that m16m00 stuff.

# Chute M code selection
sm73    : "M86"      #Chute retracted
sm74    : "M87"      #Chute engaged
schute  : ""         #Target string

fstrsel sm73 chute schute 2 -1

It has something to do with the pcan section I believe but changing stuff there doesn't work. The chute advance and retract are cantext$7 and cantext$8.

pcant_out       #Canned text - build the string for output
     #Assign string select type outputs
     if cant_pos < three, #cant_pos indicates canned text output
       [
       #Assign string select global variables
       if cantext$ = 3, bld = one
       if cantext$ = 4, bld = zero
       if cantext$ = 9, exact = one
       if cantext$ = 10, exact = zero
       #Build the cantext string from strings
       if cantext$ = 1, strcantext = strcantext + sm00
       if cantext$ = 2, strcantext = strcantext + sm01
       #Build the cantext string from string selects
       if cantext$ = 5 | cantext$ = 6,
         [
         if cantext$ = 5, tlstk = zero
         else, tlstk = one
         rslt_upd = updstr (stlstk)
         strcantext = strcantext + stlstk
         ]
       if cantext$ = 7 | cantext$ = 8,
         [
         if cantext$ = 7, chute = zero
         else, chute = one
         rslt_upd = updstr (schute)
         strcantext = strcantext + schute
         ]

In the Canned Text section there are multiple places where the output variable 'strcantext' is updated. If more than one parameter value exists on the 1025 NCI line, then MP will loop through the Canned Text of the Post multiple times, and in some cases will add additional M codes to the output string (strcantext).

Try Posting the NCI file by itself. I would bet that you have multiple parameters on the 1025 line.

When you Debug, put a Breakpoint on this line inside the 'pcant_out' postblock:

if cant_pos < three, #cant_pos indicates canned text output

Then set a Watch Variable for 'strcantext'. If you step through the processing line by line, you will see the first M code get added to 'strcantext' output variable. Then as you continue to step through, at some point you will see the other two strings get added. I would bet money that the 'M16', 'M17', and both 'M00' codes are separate strings that are being added to the 'strcantext' variable before output.

Try running RAM Saver (I do this just in case on all files I'm trying to diagnose), then open your Operation Parameters and check the Canned Text section. Are there any extra entries in "Before", "With", or "After" sections? This is where I would expect any extra codes to be. That is not the only place that Canned Text can be output though. Canned Text can be output middle of a toolpath by using the "Edit at Point" feature. Which method are you using to output the Chute code?

The bottom line is that somewhere you've got a 1025 NCI line that is building that string.

Hope that helps,

This is one reason I don't use the canned text section.

I would, build in an MI switch, that when you ran a parting OP, you could set, that would trigger your parts catcher out at the start and in on the tool retract.

JP--- I'm about to go that direction, this is highly frustrating. I was thinking it would work using the stock post..... guess I was wrong.

Colin--- I setup the breakpoint and watch for strcantext and sure enough it showed it cycling through that breakpoint a few times adding the extra commands and I see line 1025 a bunch of times with a bunch of zeros in a line in the NCI file. Here is my issue though, how and why is it adding those in??

I am using the stock post that came with X5 and I am using the built in option in the cutoff tool path to set canned text options where I want them in the code.

post-428-0-21704500-1309541547_thumb.jpgpost-428-0-65690300-1309541559_thumb.jpg

How can I turn off the extra commands?

in the toolchange and null toolchange sections I set this

of course after defining the sav variable

if sav_mi6 = 1, pbld, n$, sm74, "(", "CHUTE ADVANCE", ")", e$

and in the lathe retract section

if sav_mi6 = 1, pbld, n$, sm73, "(", "CHUTE RETRACT", ")" e$

then adding the note so it shows on the misc int's page and done

[CTRL_LATHE|HAAS_SL10]
[misc integers]
1. ""//2
2. "Abs/Inc. [0=ABS, 1=INC]"
3. "Ref. Return [0=G28,1=G30]"
4. ""
5. ""
6. "Use Chute [0=No, 1=Yes]"//0
7. ""
8. ""
9. ""
10. ""

G0 T4141
G18
G97 S905 M03
G0 G54 X-.8439 Z1.0394
G50 S3600
G96 S200
M74
G99 G1 X-.6439 F.0025
X-.02
M73
X-.22
G0 X-.6439
G28 U0. V0. W0. M05
T4100
M30
%

That is with the stock MPLFAN post, and the built in canned text option for the cutoff toolpath....Advance chute added before start, and return chute added after end...

If you don't mind, put up a zip to go on the FTP.

Check the 1025 lines in the NCI file to see if there is anything other than 0's in all the fields. IF there is more than just zeros then the post is doing what it is being told to do.

The next thing to check is going to be contour flags. The contour flags on the motion lines. You can either check the NCI file itself or put a watch on the cstop$ and cgstop$ variables in the debugger.

If any of the above have values then the post is doing what it is being told by the NCI file.

If none of the above has values then it is most likey a syntax problem in the post. Maybe with an edit that was made or something, a Missing e$ or misplaced comma can cause things like this to happen.

You should be able to see which line in the post is causing the M00 and trouble shoot from there.

If you need to send a zip2go up to [email protected] with a note about the problem and a link to this post and we can help you out.