Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t The first thing I noticed...

David S

One of my favorite hockey memories was seeing Jason Arnot’s limp corpse flat spinning across center ice after a visous check KO’d him and then the ref skating over to hand the coach his dislodged upper partial. I don’t think he even realized the Devils won the cup ‘till the next week. But seriously Patrick Elias has probably got the tightest game in hocky right now. I’m rooting Devils ‘cause Jeff Friesen used to be a Shark. That’s about as close as we’ll get to the Cup for a while anyway by the looks of it.

Michael Jackson was spotted recently at K-mart… He heard they have boy’s pants half off.

[ 05-30-2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: A-ron ]

quote:

Ducks in 7.

It shouldn't take more than 5 games for the Devils to dispatch the Ducks. Anaheim has goal scorers that haven't scored in the playoffs like they should. You can only rely on a hot goalie and one-goal wins for so long until it catches up with you.

quote:

'Rekd teh I love my house so I'll never cheat on my wife

I was just using my own interpretation of the father's day card..

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an artist, I have to appreciate the beauty God gave to us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Rekd teh "Look, but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, but don't enjoy" - Devil's Advocate

Right on 'rekd

"I would've rather seen the Sens in the final round since they're a team built the old fahsioned way...through the draft and not high-priced aquisitions"

Please, don't try and make the Devil's out to be the Yankee's or Rangers. If there's one owner who WON'T overpay for a player, and gets the most out of his players, it's Lou Lamarillo. Just look at how many players that came up and were stars from this organization, that he let go because they wanted more money, ala players like Jason Arnott and Bobby Holik for example. DEVIL'S HOCKEY IS ALL ABOUT THE TEAM, NOT ANY INDIVIDUAL PLAYER. Have you ever seen a less selfish player than Scott Stevens? People complain about the way the Devil's play hockey(ALL DEFENSE--boring), but you can't argue their success. Most people who complain--ala Flyer's fan's, who of course the Devil's own, and Ranger fan's, who refuse to rebuild a year or two, and want instant gratification, and expect a cup every year, just don't get it. Hockey success is based on players with an s, not usually one guy.

"LET's GO DEVIL'S!!!!" Devil's in 6!!!

quote:

Please, don't try and make the Devil's out to be the Yankee's or Rangers.

Don't worry, I'm not. The Devils are a good team that's well-coached. Hey, when the Devils' win, I'll go see the cup when Scott Stevens brings it here wink.gif I guess I'd just rather see the Sens in the final since their payroll is close to half of that of the Devils.

Come out and just say it "you're an Ottawa fan", nothing wrong with it.

The money situation is always the same for every Canadian team in all sports. I guess they don't have the "cable money" that the American teams negotiate from the companies to carry their games.

quote:

Come out and just say it "you're an Ottawa fan", nothing wrong with it.

Nay. I'm a Flames fan and like the rest of the Flames fans, I've been suffering since 1989.

quote:

The money situation is always the same for every Canadian team in all sports.

Close. The Leafs are the most profitable team in the NHL.

Looks likes the Ducks of Anahiem are going to make a run for the cup after all. I have to admit, I thought they were going to go down in shame. Not to be.

Now if only these two teams would bury the puck a little more the scores wouldn't look like soccer score.

On live the quest for Lord Stanley's cup.

Phil

[ 06-03-2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: PhilCott ]