Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

View Manager organization

machinistbytrade

As the versions have advanced, the level manager became more and more usable and organizable. I am wondering if there are any enhancements in the future for the View Manager? I sometimes end up with as many as ten or fifteen views for a part, and then I've got any tooling and/or offset views added on top of those. Other than the "Display only views associated with the selected view", which is about as useless as you know what on a boar... I see that we can now expand the view manager, and I guess that is a start, but we really need some options for organization within the view manager in my opinion. So, that brings me to my previous question... Are there any organizational enhancements coming for the view manager that anyone is aware of??

Seth

On a serious note, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

Wouldn't one want to see what type of discussion enhancement ideas prompt? When someone brings up an enhancement request, I would think that we, as Mcam users, would like to see how many others use this the same way or have the same request. If the enhancement requests are moved, removed, or hidden, that doesn't really help those of us that might have good questions and/or resquests. I can understand the effort to cut through the bs that can come up, but I would think that would be cut down to a minimum by either responding and/or forwarding the good requests on.

Just one guy's opinion...

You need to ask Webby for permission to post/view the enhancement forum.

+1

Sounds like too much work for me... :)

its not that bad :D

On a serious note, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me... Wouldn't one want to see what type of discussion enhancement ideas prompt? When someone brings up an enhancement request, I would think that we, as Mcam users, would like to see how many others use this the same way or have the same request. If the enhancement requests are moved, removed, or hidden, that doesn't really help those of us that might have good questions and/or resquests. I can understand the effort to cut through the bs that can come up, but I would think that would be cut down to a minimum by either responding and/or forwarding the good requests on.Just one guy's opinion...

i can see why you have to "sign up" that way just a simple guest or competition cant see what we would like to see as users

if you want to see or view the enhancements requests by Emastercammers just PM webby with your sim # and your in ;)