Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Grid is gone

Thoob

Hi, my grid has disappeared. I'm not sure what happened but my configuration had went to default for unknown reasons. I was able to reset my settings the way I wanted but my grid will not come back. I have it on "visible" in both my configuration and screen settings and I have the color different to that of my background color. Any ideas why it is not showing up?

Hi, my grid has disappeared. I'm not sure what happened but my configuration had went to default for unknown reasons. I was able to reset my settings the way I wanted but my grid will not come back. I have it on "visible" in both my configuration and screen settings and I have the color different to that of my background color. Any ideas why it is not showing up?

did you check the size of the grid?

not that your too small or too big?

try zoom in /zoom out?

I did try rebooting several times. Nothing. The grid size is 1". I have changed it to 50 just to see if I can see it and still nothing. I zoomed in and out where the grid should have been, still nothing. As I mentioned in my original post, its a different color then the background.

I also noticed something else. When I import a model, I convert it to surfaces as I don't have solid options. After I convert it, I always analyze dimensions. Since my grid has been gone, the entities no longer light up or snap to like they used to. Example I use the option, Xform, move to origin to move my zero to the center of a hole on the model. I would select move to origin, center of arc, then select the arc. Now, it doesn't select the arc. It sees no entities.

Ok, here is the issue. I feel kind of embarrassed, lol. If you double click the Mastercam exe and then click it again before it loads, it resets your configuration. This is what originally happened. So the grid defaulted to off. When I set the grid settings, I left out the "spacing". I had the size on but spacing was off so of course it showed nothing. The model issue I was having is under configuration, converters, edge curves was deselected from default. I had to re select it to see my edges. Anyway, thanks fellas. Have a good night.