Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Quaddro 4000 Graphics issue

Zoffen

Just got the boss a new computer with a sweet Nvidia Quadro 4000 in it but of course mastercam is having issues with it or vice versa. Anyone with this card know what settings i can mess with to make it so it doesn't blank out when you use another window. Also when resizing the toolpath manager it blanks out some of the screen when you don't realease the mouse button and drag the divider across the screen.

Thanks a bunch!

• 3 weeks later...

Problem solved?

Anyway, my boss want to improve my PC (as i'm taking too much time to program some parts^^). I thought to ask for a Dell T3500(Xeon quad 3.2Ghz, RAM 6go and a Quadro 4000). Will it be a nice improvement coming from a Dell 690 (Xeon dual 1.6Ghz, RAM 3Go, Quadro FX550)

I will still stuck with X3 MU1 but will have to leave my XP Pro and go with Win7 64bits... No problem?

Problem solved?

Anyway, my boss want to improve my PC (as i'm taking too much time to program some parts^^). I thought to ask for a Dell T3500(Xeon quad 3.2Ghz, RAM 6go and a Quadro 4000). Will it be a nice improvement coming from a Dell 690 (Xeon dual 1.6Ghz, RAM 3Go, Quadro FX550)

I will still stuck with X3 MU1 but will have to leave my XP Pro and go with Win7 64bits... No problem?

I don't know much about the Xeon cpu, but I do know that the i7 2600k is very easily overclockable to 4.4Ghz and runs very cool at that speed.

NOT the 2600, but the 2600k

If you're liquid cooled, you can easily push this processor higher towards 5.0Ghz.

I'm not an overclock guru by any means, but this is so easy even a caveman can do it. :p

I'm not sure X3MU1 and Win7x64 is a good idea.

X3 is not supported in Win7

Mastercam Supported OS

You really should concider upgrading

X5 is heads and tails above X3.. and X6 will have some very coool stuff.

Depending on the type of work you do, Dynamic milling could pay for the upgrade cost in one job

If you want Dell talk to Mike at SolidBox

They are Dell workstations with Dell warranties at 10 to 15% better prices

than you can get from Dell.

We're running last years SolidBox Carbide Level 1's are they are bullet proof.

This is a pretty good midlevel machine