Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5-axis circle mill

RandleXX

Does anyone know if it is possible to output an arc or helix (G2 or G3) rather than point to point moves using 5-axis circle mill? I have been playing with this for a while and can't find a setting or filter or some way to get a helix or arc to output. I can tighten up the point to point moves to super fine, but that generates a ton of code.

Thnx.

Gotta say I've used it a couple of times, dia up to 1", backplot looks choppy with all the G1's, but it came out looking just great. Unless your trying to hold tight tolerances or specific roundness it will work just fine. IIRC the "points" of the "octogon" shaped linear moves alternate positions as you get deeper.