Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam reference guide

dannysdad

Hello,

I was reading another forum and someone indicated that there was a Mastercam Reference Guide. I have been looking on the web for such a book.I have a Mastercam training manual and the Tutorial that came with my install, but what I am looking for is a reference guide that will explain what every radio button, drop down menu, check box and all of the other countless options Mastercam supplies MEAN!! Almost every time I try to do something, I am given an overwhelming set of choices and combinations that it takes half a day trying to figure out what combination works best.

I know this will become easier as I work with Mastercam over time, I become more profient everyday that I work with it. However, I would be interested if there was a reference guide out there somewhere for Mastercam X5. Even if there isn't one for X5, I would take one for X4 or X3.

On a totally different subject, I have had a hard time logging into emastercam. I type in the right username and password, but there has been a couple of times where it hasn't been recognized and I have had to go thru the process of getting a new password. PITA!! Am I just a goof or has anybody else had the same problem??

Thanks

The Mastercam ref guide that you're looking for can be found in the "help" drop-down, select "contents" this will open the Mcam help guide. You can also access the help guide by selecting the question mark icon usually found on the lower right of most all the utilities, that will open the Mcam help guide to the page that pertains to the utility you have open.

On a totally different subject, I have had a hard time logging into emastercam. I type in the right username and password, but there has been a couple of times where it hasn't been recognized and I have had to go thru the process of getting a new password. PITA!! Am I just a goof or has anybody else had the same problem??

Sorry you'll want to talk with the webby to clear up this issue