Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma's Advanced One-Touch IGF questions

Hi,

I thought I would post this here as it will get more traffic. There was a post in the Machine/ Cutters forum but there is not that much traffic there.

Has anybody used this control (Okuma Genos lathe)?

What are you using to program it?

Does MC work well with it?

Any information would be great!

Thanks in advance

The control/servos/encoders/drives on a Genos lathe are the same as any other Okuma. I use Mastercam for most of my programming, occasionally I will use Esprit. I use the basic MPLmaster-Okuma post from InHouse for all horizontal lathes and just do small code edits for each different machine. We are an Okuma dealer so we support so many machines that I don't have time to dial in a post for every different machine I have to program. We have a few seats of the PC version of One Touch IGF, but I really don't use it enough to feel proficient with it. I do use the simulation often though.

We have a LB4000EX and our guy uses the IGF 99.9% of the time,unless he needs me to program an intricate face or od groove with pecking depth cuts.

It's very user friendly, but my only dislike is that sometimes there are too many "mouse clicks" to do some of the simple stuff like transferring your programs from .IGF to .MIN

To a network yes, to the internet... I don't think the control has enough CPU and RAM to handle it, at least not our control here.

Pretty sure they are built with just the minimum specs to run the Okuma software itself, but hey, it's worth a try.

Edit:

And they don't have a video card, so that would put even more strain on the CPU

To a network yes, to the internet... I don't think the control has enough CPU and RAM to handle it, at least not our control here.

Pretty sure they are built with just the minimum specs to run the Okuma software itself, but hey, it's worth a try.

Edit:

This is a link to the Graphics processor in a P200 control.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel852gm/sb/CS-009063.htm

As for the control itself, there is enough power to run full real time collision avoidance 3d graphics while the machine is actually cutting.

but my only dislike is that sometimes there are too many "mouse clicks" to do some of the simple stuff like transferring your programs from .IGF to .MIN

Why transfer it it, Turn on advanced machining. Then form IGF,

Advanced machining

Prepare start

Cycle Start

Easy

P200LA has 1GB RAM and a Core I7 processor which is more than enough to run IGF and the machine

Jeff,

Open IGF

Extend

Parameters

Integer parameters

INTEGER PARAMETER No.50 ADVANCE MACHINING “YES (TO TOP)” or “YES (KEEP)”

After the above parameter is set, the function key F7 turns to “ADVANCED MACHINING”.

“PROGRAM CREATE” appears on the F7 in the second row.

Even if Advanced machining is off there is still only 2 button presses to run the program

Program create

Create and select

Cycle start

Jeff,

Open IGF

Extend

Parameters

Integer parameters

INTEGER PARAMETER No.50 ADVANCE MACHINING “YES (TO TOP)” or “YES (KEEP)”

After the above parameter is set, the function key F7 turns to “ADVANCED MACHINING”.

“PROGRAM CREATE” appears on the F7 in the second row.

Even if Advanced machining is off there is still only 2 button presses to run the program

Program create

Create and select

Cycle start

#50 is blank and we cannot change it, or even select it.

We have the P200L control

He does the Program Create, but we don't see the Create and Select option anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Back on the original topic of Advanced One Touch. We have a customer that wants some training on AOT for his shop's set up guys so I gave myself the task of learning AOT this weekend. I brought home my training manuals and spent about 5-6 hours and I think I am pretty fluent now. It is pretty intuitive. There are still a few things I need to figure out but overall it is very easy to learn and start making programs. The main limiter IMO would be complex geometry that is hard to draw in AOT.

• 2 years later...

hello all,

new to posting here. i know this is a old topic,im hoping by this point someone may have some more answers about the igf function .

i work in a shop where the lathe hand is new to okuma ,(im a mill guy ),but im doing my best to help him out .at this point he does not even tap on the okuma ,all tapping is done on the hass lathe ,which is costing the shop money. he has no idea how to set the igf for tapping ? he can create new file get to the set screen pick tap but theres few fields in the screen he has no idea what to set at? any help on osp200 admac igf control would be greatly appreciated. i do know the manuals are in the machine just pull them up and read,,,issue with that is he is one guy running two lathes and no time to stand at machine reading . does anyone have pdf manual or happen to have couple screen shots showing set up for tapping.any and all information related to the igf would be great. thanks again for the help.

mjb

hello all,

new to posting here. i know this is a old topic,im hoping by this point someone may have some more answers about the igf function .

i work in a shop where the lathe hand is new to okuma ,(im a mill guy ),but im doing my best to help him out .at this point he does not even tap on the okuma ,all tapping is done on the hass lathe ,which is costing the shop money. he has no idea how to set the igf for tapping ? he can create new file get to the set screen pick tap but theres few fields in the screen he has no idea what to set at? any help on osp200 admac igf control would be greatly appreciated. i do know the manuals are in the machine just pull them up and read,,,issue with that is he is one guy running two lathes and no time to stand at machine reading . does anyone have pdf manual or happen to have couple screen shots showing set up for tapping.any and all information related to the igf would be great. thanks again for the help.

mjb

hello all,

mjb