Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis toolpath side of endmill

HEAVY METAL

The colored surface I want to machine with a 5 axis toolpath with side of endmill. I know I can 3d surface path as a other option. Has anyone attempted this . Any input would very helpful thanks. Maybe the countour of the surface wont allow this but I would like to attempt to put a toolpath on it so I could tell. This is my 1st try at a true 5 axis path. I bought the Tips for Manufacturing suite of cd,s recently and will be looking at the multi axis cd's tonight for more help.

Thanks Heavy

post-1614-0-05237100-1316696870_thumb.jpg

First of all you have to sellect toolpath surfaces in your case just one, then it will ask you to choose the first surface, in your case the only one then drag the arow to the bottom of the surface an arow will show you what direction it's cutting if it's wrong click reverse, set your compensation to computer, under colision control set tip control to lower rail. Let me know if this is unclear.

• Like 2

You're going to have to trim it so that it has nice straight edges first extend surface then create 2 parallel lines in the top view then select trim surface to curves select your surface then the 2 lines then click on the surface and drag arrow between the 2 lines and click, use the same method to straighten out the ends. Sorry I thought when you untrimmed the surface (you did untrim it right?) that it would have come out neat, most of my time generating 5axis toolpaths is spent creating or manipulating surfaces, the toolpaths themselves are very simple.

• Like 2