Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Freezes

tsaladyga

Anyone have a problem with mastercam freezing up? It seems I just get into programming and suddenly it hangs up, when I try to do anything it just sits there and when I try to close it says: You cannot close the application while a task is active: Mastercam::EditOperation.

The thing is I am NOT in Edit mode. I am not in any mode at the time.

Anyone have a problem with mastercam freezing up? It seems I just get into programming and suddenly it hangs up, when I try to do anything it just sits there and when I try to close it says: You cannot close the application while a task is active: Mastercam::EditOperation.

The thing is I am NOT in Edit mode. I am not in any mode at the time.

Hi Todd,

I have run into this problem before but it seemed random then... Like you I could not see that I was editing an operation or anything else. All I could suggest is to save it and then force shut down mastercam.

Brendan

I'm using MU1 and I get it too. More now than before MU1. Whatever edit window Mcam is wanting a response from is closed or moved. You used to be able to minimize or move the main screen to find the edit window but the main screen is locked up so you can't move it to look for the window. My only solution is to use Task Manager to force Mcam to close which loses whatever work you've done since your last save. I've narrowed it down to certain functions that I normally use so I make sure to save before performing those functions. Other people have this problem also so it has to be a known problem that I hope gets fixed with the next release.

I've had this happen before, but I think it was my fault. I can't remember if it was a specific parameter i was adjusting or not. Just an example, let's say i opened up the parameters for a particular operation. Then, I went into the planes dialogue box to change the toolplane. If i accidentally closed the operation parameter box before closing the plane selection box, it would freeze up. I'm not sure if it's the same problem or somewhat related to the problems that you guys are having, though. I wanna say it was before MU1, but, again, I can't remember for sure.