Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill H

Change units to metric

12 posts in this topic

I have a metric part to make. How do I change the units in MC?

Change your config or you can "xform scale"

PEACE :D

Whe I receive a metric print with only a few features (dimensions) I will often work in my standard inch configuration. When I input the numbers from the metric print I simply add "mm" to the dimension and let mastercam do the conversion. If it is a bigger project I will open MC in a metric configuration as mentioned save the part, and then re-open the file in an inch configuration.

2 people like this

Whe I receive a metric print with only a few features (dimensions) I will often work in my standard inch configuration. When I input the numbers from the metric print I simply add "mm" to the dimension and let mastercam do the conversion. If it is a bigger project I will open MC in a metric configuration as mentioned save the part, and then re-open the file in an inch configuration.

+1

Wow, so many times I input /25.4 after the number. You just increased my productivity.

2 people like this

Considering your productivity is pretty low as it is, that is an improvment .... hehehehe :)

Wow, so many times I input /25.4 after the number. You just increased my productivity.

2 people like this

good tip right there ;)

Considering your productivity is pretty low as it is, that is an improvment .... hehehehe :)

yeah really! his productivity was only double yours :p

2 people like this

Double is a somewhat relative value. It all depends on what time of the day it is, and and if it is close to break time.

yeah really! his productivity was only double yours :p

1 person likes this

just got done with a metric job. I opened mastercam in inch, modelled my part and then transform scaled by .03937. not going to say this is the greatest way to do it but worked well for me. tightest gen. tol on part was +/-.005 I did not use modeled hole sizes to net them as they were tight. am aware the conversion held some error.

doug

The reverse also works. When working in a metric config simply add "in" to the dimension and MC will do the conversion for inches.