Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock model X6

gary adams

Not sure if we can really comment on this yet but you have the correct idea for what it will do. Playing with it for the past few months I can say it will greatly help you and is definitely worth waiting for X6. You will be happy with it.

Thanks Chris for taking time to reply.I will keep up my maintainance now.

Gary

Gary - Glad to hear you have decided to keep your maintenance up.

Jeff I'm not sure what it is that you mean by..

I'll take a stab at deciphering his thoughts. ;)

Currently for 2d high speed tool path, the larger chain defines the stock and the smaller chain defines the part. Some times this is not a practical way to define your stock and it causes you to have to create chains where you otherwise would not in order to let the system know where your stock is vs the part.

I'll take a stab at deciphering his thoughts. ;)

Currently for 2d high speed tool path, the larger chain defines the stock and the smaller chain defines the part. Some times this is not a practical way to define your stock and it causes you to have to create chains where you otherwise would not in order to let the system know where your stock is vs the part.

What I meant was:

Currently we have Rectangular, Solid,Cylindrical or .STL for our options of stock setup

What if I have for instance a burnout of a piece that has a unique shape? I'm limited to a rectangular shape.

For stock define I want be able to select the chain and just tell it that it's 1/4" thick.

It's too much of a hassle for me to make an stl file or a solid model with a lot of the work that I do.

What I meant was:

Currently we have Rectangular, Solid,Cylindrical or .STL for our options of stock setup

What if I have for instance a burnout of a piece that has a unique shape? I'm limited to a rectangular shape.

For stock define I want be able to select the chain and just tell it that it's 1/4" thick.

It's too much of a hassle for me to make an stl file or a solid model with a lot of the work that I do.

That would be a handy option. I dont think that ive seen any systems that have that type of stock set up.

Do you have solids inside of Mastercam? If you do, then creating a solid for your stock would be just as easy as doing it in the stock setup.

If not, I can see your dilemma.

Currently there is no "Chain" option for Stock in X6. The solution as Neurosis mentioned is to take your chain and perform a Solid - Extrude operation.

Adding "Chaining" to the Stock Setup function is more complicated than it sounds, as we would have to tie multiple functions together. I will put in an Enhancement Request to add a "Chained" feature for Stock Setup.