Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why it is impossible to save verified model on any possible stop in the middle of verification?

You are keeping actual result data in some sort of file.

The simplest proof is that I can use measure option at any stop .

So why I am not able to save it ?

Why I am not able to section it on stop?

And save section too.

This is very important matter and will help me a lot .

And looks easy to implement .

Best regards

Bear teh miserable

Machineworks is the company that does the verification module. It could be that they have changed the way it works from ver9 days. It is also possible that it would function this way if Mastercam built the front end to use the functionality if it still exists. Hopefully one of the guys from CNC will shed some light on your question.

I am suspicious it is lost functionality.

If I would be not able to measure I will agree with you Canman.

But I am 99% sure it is possible to get through interface that Machineworks left to MC .

Being not able to do this simple way I always can do it my way but why i NEED TO waste lot of times on things I may get it proper way

iF SOMEONE ELSE needs this features as I am let him support my call

Bear teh bottle prophet

Teh Bear said:

"Posted Today, 09:38 AM

By the way how hard would be to implement find tool by color

I mean click on the specific color on model and to get info on tool that left it

May be for 5 tools setup it looks like overkill and if I have 60 tools or more ... "

That would be a really nice feature if it could do that. Did they get X6 to keep the updated stock for verify as it does it on lathe? I hate having to run all my toolpaths just to verify my finishing or saving an STL each time, Could MC save an STL to a temp file and do it automatically maybe? naaah way to much memory & time consuming when we have lots of toolpaths I guess.

I hear you Manuel.

Recently the part 4 operations 400 toolpathes

last operation 5 axis 40 tools 250 toolpathes all the previous no less that 20 tools each

So we have approximely 100 tools find the tool that left small gouge on the wall

How much time can it take if this surface machined by many tools ?

Why it is impossible to save verified model on any possible stop in the middle of verification?

I sent in a feature request on this for you. You can send them too, just email support(at)mastercam.com with the subject line "Feature Request", and describe what you would like and how it would be useful.

I believe Vericut can do this, but you have to purchase it.

I have never used it so I may be wrong.

You can do this with Vericut. It's called X-Caliper. You point your mouse at it with a wand on the cut color and it tells you everything about it. It tells you Feature, Center, axis, angle, Toolpath file, line number in your NC file, Feed rate and tool.

post-28060-0-26357700-1323716947_thumb.jpg