Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Save toolpath as geometri

Guffie

Run into a bit of a problem!

I got a file, which consist of some splines and surfaces made on them and then a couple of solids, which has no function in the case.. Then I have to machine some of the surfaces, and then save the toolpaths as a geometry and then save it all in a 3D file so the customer can check it!

I can create the geometries from toolpaths, but when I want to save I can't find a file format which supports both the geometries and surfaces! I tried all what I have of options in X4 and either it saves only geometri and solids, but not surfaces or it saves solids and sufaces, but not geometries! I have no clue to make solids out of the spline geometries or the surfaces, else it would have been the easiest!

Have tried to import the toolpath in SW and save them as a SW part , but can't import the geometries saved as a SW part into a assembly so I could merge them that way.. They simple just aren't visible...

Any clue would be appriciated!

• Like 1

Isn't .dwg 2d output only in SW?

The .igs import will work and brings it in as a sketch or entities as set in your option prior to import into SW, a lot of them will come in if your importing a saved 3d tool path from MC. It will get ugly quickly. In your case, entities might be the better choice. Save the surfaces as a .X_B and merge them with the same file in SW that you imported the entities into. The order really doesn't matter but be prepared for a long history tree. Bringing in all those entities as a sketch will shorten the tree, but it will look hideous and be difficult to analyze. If you have the option, use the arc filter in MC prior to saving the geo. to make things go a little smoother. IMO, your customer is asking for a lot of unnecessary work and probably won't like the results. If they have verification software for G-code, they might be in a better place by using that.