Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Entry point not found

Guyinthedesert

dig you drag and drop a config file from a different machine or version into the Config folder??

It did it with the config file that was there. I transferred my config file over, same thing.

Also logged on as the same user.

I noticed they have X6 installed. I don't know if that installation messed something up. I wasn't planning on using X6 untill FU1 came out, but I tried loading a STEP file into X5, and it kept locking up, over and over. I tried loading the same STEP file into X6 and there was no problem. If this weren't a temp gig, I'd just reformat the hard drive and start over.

and Scott, I disagree vehemently with that as I know where you got it. :)

I've done "fresh" installs and had the issue.

The only way I have found to clean it is completely uninstall, delete all folders, all registry settings and reinstall.

and Scott, I disagree vehemently with that as I know where you got it. :)

I've done "fresh" installs and had the issue.

The only way I have found to clean it is completely uninstall, delete all folders, all registry settings and reinstall.

I uninstalled X5, and deleted everything I could find. Re-installed everything and the error message is still there. The problem I had loading in step files went away though.

As far as third party add ons, I don't see anything installed.

OK, now I remember what transpired. Customer had already installed X5 before I got there and it was getting entry point alarm and missing xml lite alarm on start up. I fixed it like JP said, did an uninstall, deleted the 3 leftover folders, deleted the two cnc software folders from the registry (under HKEY CURRENT USER and HKEY LOCAL MACHINE), and then re-booted the pc. I re-installed X5 and it fired up without the entry point alarm but it still had the missing xml lite alarm, but the software would still run. Then I installed MU1 and it fired up with the missing xml lite warning again but the software wouldn't run. Then I noticed it was on XP/SP2 so I updated to XP/SP3, started mastercam, no alarms, running fine ever since.

OK, now I remember what transpired. Customer had already installed X5 before I got there and it was getting entry point alarm and missing xml lite alarm on start up. I fixed it like JP said, did an uninstall, deleted the 3 leftover folders, deleted the two cnc software folders from the registry (under HKEY CURRENT USER and HKEY LOCAL MACHINE), and then re-booted the pc. I re-installed X5 and it fired up without the entry point alarm but it still had the missing xml lite alarm, but the software would still run. Then I installed MU1 and it fired up with the missing xml lite warning again but the software wouldn't run. Then I noticed it was on XP/SP2 so I updated to XP/SP3, started mastercam, no alarms, running fine ever since.

After I uninstalled, I didn't edit the registry. I'll try that on Monday. If that doesn't work, maybe the whole computer could somehow find itself becomming the victim of an "accident"

Well, yesterday I uninstalled X5. I uninstalled X6. I deleted every file and folder I could find that related to mastercam. I went into the registry and deleted everything related to X5 and X6.

I then did a fresh install of X5. Same friggin error.

Installed MU1, same error.

Reinstalled X6, no errors w/ X6.

The next time I see our IT guy, I'm going to see if he can reformat the HD and start from scratch.

THIS IS NOT CRITICAL MESSAGE SAY OK AND CONTINUE TO BOOT MC

HTH

At first, after clicking OK, mastercam seemed to run fine, but I had some issues. I couldn't load in a Step file, when I posted a program (using my post) the NC code came out with things out of order, etc. When I re-installed MC, those problems went away. However, I'm still getting random lock ups doing simple things.

Our IT guy frowned on the idea of re-formatting, so he spent a few hours yesterday cleaning up the registry and uninstalling some old crap. I unistalled and reinstalled MC for about the nineth time, and still got the error.

I noticed this morning that if I tried openning an NC file in Cimco, I got the error Simaccess.dll not found.(even though it was in the

Cimco folder) After doing some searching, I found Cimco in four different folders. This is after I had uninstalled it. I deleted them all.

Then I uninstalled MC, reinstalled it. Clicked on the icon, and almost $hit my pants when It fired up with no errors. Now, if I could only edit my control defs, and have them STAY that way, I could maybe get some work done.