Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

semi_Autocad

mayday

Dont ya just wanna ring some necks!! mad.gif

get a hot job, import an autocad dwg and find every close tol entity is drawn out of position by just a small amount to make it out of print dimentions.I was always taught to draw with integrity.seems like the few acad users out there just dont get it. I'd like to see them start designing in solids. that would put them in there place.

Give me a solid anyday rolleyes.gif

I don't think its acad, I believe designers not

bothering to check ther own work. (just so busy)

(just to lazy) are the problem. I always have this problem. so I let'em know upfront the time

they saved themselfs will be used by me to redraw

ther work.

+1

pure laziness...

This is an on going problem, and one area where I see companies could save alot of money if designers / draftsmen would take personal responsability for their work.

At Douglas, who would hire only the top 10% of applying new engineers (kids right out of school, MIT, CAL-TECH, Cream of the Crop, ect), put them to work designing their first project - and than send them down to the floor to build it!!

Good Training biggrin.gif

Kathy

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Trust me you do not have the only Engineers with a lack of drawing integrity. It just amazes me that 2-D even exists for anything other then the simplest of parts. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif We've got one idiot here, he rejected a part because it didn't "look" like the DWG. He wanted something impossible so I took the liberty of correcting his mistake. SO he rejects it, I loose my cool, go upstairs and tell him "The real world is 3-D, You don't have a clue, and you're a moron", plus a few other things, and I storm off. Argggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such idiots, and we've got a few of them.

ya we got the dream team to

get this they got 6 seats of sw2003 but what do they use?

good ol autocad mad.gif

luckly the sw seats run of the intranet so I've always got the oportunity to use one of them smile.gif

I call and ask why not sw???

oh we're not good at it yet confused.gif

and the funny part is.. you can draw most of your every day 2d in MC in about90% of the time it takes acad, solids, about60%.

I'll admit, I'd rater spit out prints on acad, thats what its designed to do, so let it. however, MC (as awkward as it may be to dim with) is there to spit out parts 100%, so why not let it?