Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problem solved ???

gcode

one of the frequent complains seen on the bugs page is that

high speed ops, when copied from one WCS to another, won't regen ( no machining zone found)

or won't respect the new WCS

I've had this problem and usually just give up an create a fresh operation.

This morning I copied a high speed rest rough from one side of a part to the other side.

I reselected all the proper geometry, selected the new WCS, set my depths properly and regened.

The toolpath was running upside down on the bottom of the part !!!

Check out the first screen shot .. that's what the toolplane looked like on the first regen

note that WCS says 59413 WCS , the proper setting for this operation

tool plane and Construction plane say undefined and are grayed out

regular 2D and 3D toolpaths would run fine with this setup ....but my high speed op is upside down !!!

now I unchecked the "Display relative to WCS box" and

UNDEFINED changes to 59412 WCS

see the 2nd screen shot

that's the setting for the first side of the part.

the high speed toolpaths are obeying TP and CP even though they are grayed out and wrong !!!

now check screen shot 3

I've changed all three fields to 599413 WCS and the high speed op is regening properly

if I unchecked "Display relative to WCS box" now the TP and CP change to a grayed out TOP

and the toolpath still regens properly

in conclusion

the high speed paths are respecting the Top and Construction Plane settings even if they are grayed out

and

Top and Construction Plane propagate the source operation settings when you copy them even though they are grayed out

and changing WCS does not edit TP and CP

so

when you are copying high speed ops from one toolplane to another ... make sure all three fields are set

properly ...

yeah .. I know this is a work around . the software is not handling this properly..

but it beats rebuilding the op from scratch :rolleyes:

post-162-0-88305800-1329578417_thumb.png

post-162-0-28471600-1329578440_thumb.png

post-162-0-06395200-1329578454_thumb.png

when you are copying high speed ops from one toolplane to another ... make sure all three fields are set

properly ...

yeah .. I know this is a work around . the software is not handling this properly..

but it beats rebuilding the op from scratch :rolleyes:

I have had problems in the past that caused me to start doing this with "everything". Maybe that is why I have never noticed this bug. I "always" set all three fields.

Ive been trained by the software not for the software. ;)

I have had problems in the past that caused me to start doing this with "everything". Maybe that is why I have never noticed this bug. I "always" set all three fields.

I must admit that when copying I always change WCS /T/C to = eachother.

Same here. I've tried copying with out mathcing all fields and there's always problems.

I always follow these steps in order after copying to another WSC.

1)Open copied toolpath

2)Match all fields to new WCS

3)Close and re-open toolpath

4)Re-select geo

5)Re-select depths

6)Regen

Alnost sounds like re building the op from scratsh but not really, if all other setting stick.

Also, if I'm doing the underside of a part I always make sure my surface normals are pointing in the right direction.