Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

UPDATE - John Paris - gcode Help (a recapping an issue)

Can anyone say for sure what has been changed in the machine/control definitions over the last several releases of the software? I am asking because I have not noticed anything different.

I ditched all of my machine/control defs, posts and started from scratch for X6. I noticed some minor post differences "mpmaster" but nothing new in the machine/control defs. Having not noticed any major changes, I wondered if I had just wasted my time. I have asked this before and did not see anyone answer.

I did not migrate a single thing from X5 to X6. I learned my lesson a few releases ago.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I have not noticed anythign different either. Most of the MD is useless window dressing that does nothing. As long as you have your axes set up properly, pointing ot the tool library of your choosing, coolant settings as you like, that's about the most important stuff I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.

I put the defaults (Mill_Inch.OPERATIONS-6/Mill_Inch.DEFAULTS-6) that in-house sent me

To replace the ones that i migrated.

I went into the con def and change a bunch of setting in each high speed path, like.

-refine tool paths

-clear heights tolerances

-step down and stock to leave(witch all were at 0.05")

I prgrammed a mould half complete and saved and changed some geo to make the paths

dirty to test to see if the stock to leave would change.....-----IT DID NOT----before it would every time)

I then created a new mach and tool group and then copied all the paths by drag and drop method to

the new group and 'copied after'. I then reselected all the geo and then 'changed parameters' the WCS/toolplane/comp-construct plane to top

from bottom, (this other half is just about a mirror with a few different interna features.

I saved and checked the stock to leave's, after every step and all was good.

Re-genned and check them all and THEY ALL STUCK! the rest waterlines and rest rough all

calculated properly.

this fix has seemed to have fixed my stock to leave problem For this first initial test.

I hope that any one else that has been experiencing this issue might get lucky like i just did.

It is only the first test attempt so I will keep ya'll posted.

I would like to thank everybody for there help!

This issue has cost me tremendous time and effort and now I can only hope that

It sticks and I can start making up the lost time.

Cheers

Rick

Stock to leave is sticking, so far for 4 components!

To get it to post (the value for each path in brackets) correctly In-house had to fix my post.

although i change every paths settings individually (like many times before) and only a very few

of the paths and only some of the changes stick....??? if they could fix that I would probably

not be near as bald from punching in values, over and over again!

But like always there is probably 5 way to set these settings and only one works!

I open the con-def and do it in there and save each path after i change settings, then save before

exiting the con-def. If that's the wrong way I could sure use some advise on what other method

is supposed to work properly and make them stick....

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

When I edit MD/CD stuff... I NEVER EVER do it while I have a file open. I can't say that I've been bitten by nything, but that whole save t hing in middle just freaks me oout and I cn ethe potential for issues.

JM2C

Never thought of doing that but it sounds like a good idea.

It works really well. And the Control Def always looks for the local copy (ie, the copy located in the same folder as the control def) of the PST file, if it can't find it in the originally configured location. It also makes updating Machine and control defs, and posts to a new version, a lot easier :)

Why are there to control def copies? and where are they located?

Mick can you p.m. me the procedure you use for the one folder method?

Can it be on the Server as I have two seats programming the exact same cnc's?

Sure thing. It is Saturday here, and when I get a moment, either today or tomorrow, I'll type it up and pm you with it. I've been doing since around X2 and works great. And there is no reason why it wouldn't work on a network :) At least not from what I can think of.

I also have specific folder for every machine and they are in the network. Works well exept you cannot put your tool libraries in that folder, somehow it always changes to default tool library. I fought with this one time and I got them to stick when I created another folder just for tool libraries.