Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 event log errors

Mark H

X6 was recently installed and seems to load fine, but looking at the "Mastercam Event Log" there are 19 errors, all of them say;

"ERROR(L####,Mastercam.menu): Specific command not found."

(#### = different numbers on each line)

These errors do not show up when running X5.

Any idea on how to fix this?

post-396-0-38714300-1331577153_thumb.png

You'll note that these messages refer to a mastercam.menu file, not a .mtbDon't bother looking for this "menu" file, as you'll not find it. (It's "internal").You can ignore these "command not found" messages that refer to the "menu" file.

there we have it

case-solved.gif

• 2 months later...

Slightly off topic but my install off X6 MU1 is not logging properly. If I have X5 already open the event logs in the X5 folder will log X6 events while they are both open. When I have X6 open exclusively I get one event file in my AppData\Local\Temp directory that gets overwritten when I re-open X6. No logs ever appear in my X6 event logs folder.

Anyone else seeing this?

I noticed this and sent it in to qc and MC is looking for the "art" tool bars and you don't have art you receive this error.

this is their response:

Hi Mike.

To re-iterate on what Deb said:

You are getting those errors because you do not have Mastercam Art installed on your system.

The File table is looking for Art commands and not finding them.

Those errors are nothing to worry about.

Rob Peirolo

Q.C.

CNC Software