Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Model

Jrygus

Anybody else having issues with stock model. Sometimes it just will not finish, it uses up all of my ram (8GB) then fills up my virtual mem, then crashes the PC. Other times it just stops, leaving a dirty operation. Other times it skips operations all together giving me a partial representation of my stock. I have tried increasing my tolerances like Colin suggested, but I still cannot make stock model work correctly.

I still don't think MCX even with X6 64 bit makes effecient use of the computers hardware resources. Just my opinion.

You can say that again.

I have had hit or miss success with stock models. I can crash Mastercam almost at will using stock models. I think that there is still some work to be done.

It has been said that Stock Model was never meant to process surface finishing operations, but rather to show roughed stock. If used this way it works great. That said, I often refixture parts with finished surfaces on them, and it would be nice to use stock model for that. I frequently end up having to make a model in a partially cut state and start Stock Model over with it.

I am running 64 bit with 8GB and a mechanical HD, and when it crosses that 7.5GB mark I can be pretty sure it won't work. I'm wondering how much better it would work with 16GB and a SSD.