Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 169iM Control

Mick

Does anyone have any experience with these controls? It could be a misprint, and maybe should read Fanuc 16BiM..I'm not sure.

Its a control fitted to the Kitamura Mycenter 3xiH, and has AI Nano Control (180 Block Look Ahead), 1280 Meters Memory and a Fanuc Data Server for high precision machining.

I'm curious as to how anyone has found this particular control/machine for machining blowmolds and injection moulds. I was told a while ago the Fanuc high speed machining had limitations, such as only being able to use incremental, etc. Do these limitations still exist?

Regards

quote:

I was told a while ago the Fanuc high speed machining had limitations, such as only being able to use incremental, etc. Do these limitations still exist?

That never existed as far as I know.(16im)

Its a great control in my eyes. I used it on

a(2)Yasda 640v, by far one of the most accurate

machines ouy for high speed and hard milling.

You'll love the data server. One control had

1.2 the other I believe 2.0 gigs of space. Way

more than enough memory. Let me know if you

need any assistance.

PEACE biggrin.gif

[ 07-16-2003, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: Hardmill ]

Mick,

I've run the 3xi's. Outstanding machine as far as I'm concerned. The 40 taper is about your only limit.

The control is a 16iMB i=(Intel board) M=(model) A or B. The data server I'm familiar with was 2gigs and worked great. I've never heard of the incremental limitation.

Romer

[ 07-16-2003, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: romer ]

quote:

was told a while ago the Fanuc high speed machining had limitations, such as only being able to use incremental, etc. Do these limitations still exist?

I don't know where this come from but it is not and has never been true.

Fanuc 16IM is there top of the range controller for high speed machining.

We have a few of these and they have no problems with data processing. Basically this controller can read blocks as fast and your work PC can scroll through them in Cimco editor.

Sorry for my delay in replying, but I've been bunged up with the flu :/

Thanks for all the replies. The controller certainly appears to be good. I have an associate looking at one. Its a 40 taper, but its a double contact taper, so it'll add a bit more rigidity.

Again, thanks for all your comments.

Regards,

Mick

• 1 year later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You need FTP software (I suggest WSFTP, it's very easy to configure) to upload and download to the Dataserver.

GET - gets the program from the Host

PUT - puts a program on the dataserver to the host

If you ahve any problems with the dataserver let me know. I've installed and configured a handful of them.

James teh man of many hats biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Oh, one more thing. The incremental thing is a myth. There are processing speed advantages to running incremental programs but it's not absolutely necessary.

When a program is written in absolute, the control MUST calculate each new position in relation to program zero. When programmed incrementally, all the control needs to do is add/subtract from the last position. As proven in testing, when the control has toprocess a lot of math, it slows down. Incremental programming translates to higher feedrates and smoother performance.

Do you have HPCC on this machine???