Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting problems

dannysdad

I am running X6 and I have been having this problem the past few days.

We run quite a few family of valves that are milled on castings on a 4-square tombstone that maintains the same work coordinates every time. It is mostly facing, drilling, tapping and threadmilling (ID and OD), and some counterboring. So once I get one part done, I can just rechain geometry to make a slightly different or mirror image of the original. So I take the original file, make my changes, rename the file and I have a new part.

Here is the problem. I make the changes, make sure ALL of my processes are selected, hit the "post all" button and wait for the post. However, not all of the selected items will get posted. This is happening more and more often, even if I select two or three processes together to see if my indexing is correct. If I select the dropped processes by themselves however, they will post....just not with the entire process!! Frustrating!!

So I am forced to post out processes in pieces and edit them together. This is not fun and it is time consuming. Considering I have over 100 variations on the same valve, this is totally unsatisfactory.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong or have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

This behavior is controled at

Settings/Config/ToolPath Manager/NC File (top right corner)

I have

Prompt checked

1st op only

and

Last operation's NC File

about the only time I find myself renaming operations is when I import them from other files.

A good safety check to make sure you are posting all operations is to check "Ask"

on your Post Dialog Defaults page.

That way if one op out of 50 has a different NC name, it will ask you once

when you post all the main file ops, then again when the misnamed ops posts and you'll know something is wrong.

... So once I get one part done, I can just rechain geometry to make a slightly different or mirror image of the original. So I take the original file, make my changes, rename the file and I have a new part.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

This is the culprit, when ever you resave a file with a new name the original NC Filename stays, only the new operations will have the new NC Filename and posted ooutput correctly. +1 Gcode, since the 1st file was already asked for the NC File the second file will ask you but only apply this to the new toolpaths. +1 JP, select all ops of the new part file, rt click, edit selected ops, change NC File, and Voila ! B)