Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operations need regenned

Smit

Hi folks,

I'm currently programming a part with lots of flowline and leftover toolpaths. I'm having problems with the toolpaths losing (hmm, how do I explain it) their generation. In other words they need to be regenned after completion of a new toolpath. Other times when I try to regen a toolpath it will give me an error saying the NCI file cannot be written to (bnci_section() cannot delete nci section. Temp file created) In this case I save the file, get it again, then regen the toolpaths. It used to be only an occasional thing, but lately it's almost every toolpath. Some of these take quite a while to regen so it's a major deal to me. Has anybody seen this, and found a way to solve it? Thanks in advance for any input.

Smit

P.S. Mcam 9.1 Windows 2000 pro

[ 07-23-2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Smit ]

Smit, mayday, and robk,

What were the circumstances of your Mcam V9.1 installation? Did you do it yourselves or had someone else do it for you? Was any antiviral protection software active during installation? Have any of you shared this information with your resellers? Could you upload these questionable files to the FTP so we here in the forum could look at them and see if we can repeat the situation on our boxes? HTH biggrin.gif

Peter,

I have installed it myself. The antivirus was running in the background (network). I wish that I could upload the file(s) to the FTP, but I have no access... Strange thing is that when I have gotten the file from the Temp folder, and resaved it in my regular directory (without regenerating it)it was fine. confused.gif

You are my reseller, and I'm sorry that I haven't reported it to you. I figured it's still some minor bugs that will get fixed with newer patches. smile.gif

robk,

I'd be happy to take a look at it if you want to send it to me. Use the new e-mail address at the bottom of my signature. You could also check out the new site that Paul's been working on. biggrin.gif

[ 07-24-2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

• 3 weeks later...

Funniest thing happened. I sent file to reseller, then thought I'd keep trying it some more. I reran it and all of the sudden it worked. I then tried it at .010" stepover instead of .020" which is where I was at after increasing it to try to get it to go. It then ran fine at .010".

The only thing I could think changed is it was afternoon. I bet we messed with this file 5-6 hours this morning and then it works.

???

Oh well, at least we'll met the deadline on this one........

Lynn cheers.gifcheers.gif