Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CNC Router wit htoolchanger???

Newbeeee™

Hi All,

Just thinking out loud here to free up a VMC capacity...

We do a lot of parts made from glass fibre resin board, similar to pcb mtl on one of our VMC's.

Is there a router on the market with the following spec:-

15k spindle (or more)

2HP min (at a guess)

5 tool changer min (must be ATC)

30" x 30" min XY travel

Ball screw drive (for accuracy but I asume they all are?)

Fully enclosed with dust extraction (must be excellent dust extraction if cutting this xxxxe dry!)

Fanuc compatible control

Thanks

our AXYZ brand router has those specs, but a bigger bed. I think there's also quite a few others that have those specs for quite a bit less than ours costed. I think Onsrud makes some, and thermwood, and couple other companies that I can't think of. Not sure if any of those have an ATC option, and not all routers are ballscrew driven, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I had a bit of a look over the weekend - Datron look really nice - look at the vids cutting ally if you're interested. But I bet they are BIG bucks.

Some are rack and pinion on the axes - I asume they aren't that accurate?

Cheers

Thanks for the replies guys.

I had a bit of a look over the weekend - Datron look really nice - look at the vids cutting ally if you're interested. But I bet they are BIG bucks.

Some are rack and pinion on the axes - I asume they aren't that accurate?

Cheers

I called for quotes on Datron a year or so ago, and no, they certainly weren't cheap. As for rack and pinion, it would depend on what kind of accuracy you're looking for.

I'll phone them tomorrow and get a price.

Tolerances - some hole detail +/-0.1mm, where the general overall size is +/-0.2.

I see the DATRON is all ballscrew with heidenhain glass scales for feedback, so it's a 'proper' machine, albeit lightweight compared to a vmc.