Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to work with huge file ?

mig

Hello everybody ,

I have to work with huge file (Para solid file is more that 1 gb ).

File originally made on SW2012. With huge amount of fillets and surfaces .

My computer is relatively strong (processor is I7 64 bit with 16 GB of RAM )

My Masrecam X6 MU1 still keeps crushing . I usually work with huge file but this one just monster.

Anybody has experience , suggestions how to handle this file. Might possible to make it smaller (clean up) . Might some software which can help to filter it .

I appreciate any help-advise .

Thank you in advance

Bring it in unshaded. Turn up the screen shade setting to .5 if you really want to shade. Make sure you have a paging size turned up from the get set windows to best performance on the view options.

what numbers you recomend for the paging size?

post-6970-0-35724500-1341320796_thumb.png

Well you have a recommend of 12 gigs right off the bat. The thing about paging it how much space are you willing to give up on the hard drive for the memory dump when the cache gets full. I have had 125 gig being allocated on one computer and 250 gigs being allocated on another but these were solid state drives and raptor drives so it was okay. I am all about memroy and hard drive space and if you got it use it if you don't get more and more and more. John has a great idea bring it in as surfaces.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

SUrfaces should bring it under control. It's still gonna be huge but solids tax a system more than surfaces... at least in MC anyway.