Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

No Retract on Depth Cuts

Rick McAllister

40 minutes ago, mwearne said:

Why not just use Circle Mill with an Absolute retract? or have I missed the reason why Contour is being used?

Maybe exact control of the start for each hole? Circle Mill give you angle, but not exact control like the method laid out above does. Many ways to accomplish the same task in Mastercam why it is good to share and give back with examples so others can see what the possibilities are. 

• Like 1
On 2/29/2020 at 10:38 AM, 5th Axis CGI said:

Maybe exact control of the start for each hole? Circle Mill give you angle, but not exact control like the method laid out above does. Many ways to accomplish the same task in Mastercam why it is good to share and give back with examples so others can see what the possibilities are. 

Wonder if this would be a question on the certification test I would fail? Of the 45 possible choices above 30 are the best choices. Which are the best choice? Yes being extreme, but I couldn't pass the Mastercam certification test. One of them I got wrong was worded like my example of the 8 possible answers 4 of which are the best chice. Problem was all 8 answers were possible and depending on your perspective and type of work all 8 would could have been the best choice for you.