Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C-axis

Guffie

I got a question regarding C-axis machining... Is there any way to make it work in anything else than B0 and B90 on a Integrex?.. I have tried to make several different WCS's, but without luck! It's just choosing it's own T and C plane! I have to mill attached part, where I want to cut the groove with an endmill (marked with red), since our Integrex only can index turning tools in 0 and 90 degree, but is able to index milling tools in any angle... I assume there is no other way to make it in Mastercam except with 5-axis, which my Integrex and Mastercam licens doesn't support!

Thanks in advance!

post-22609-0-99437500-1342520075_thumb.png

I assume there is no other way to make it in Mastercam except with 5-axis, which my Integrex and Mastercam licens doesn't support!

I am sorry but I am confused by this statement. You have an Integrex that only works at B0 and B90 mind sharing that model number so I can tell everyone I know to run away from that machine. C axis machining is only B0 and B90 work the nature of C axis machining. T/C Plane machining using the milling module is every angle and place under the sun for the B axis on these machines. Every Integrex I have seen has the ability to tilt the head at any angle. You have tried the tilt angle on the tools and then set them up at that angle in the machine correct? Or have you made a T/C Plane at a different angle and posted with it? Also you guys got an Integrex and do not have 5 axis ability with Mastercam? I assume you guys got milling with your lathe seat correct?

your going to need a post to support 5X for that. What control does the Integrex have on it? I know our older ones are positional only but you still need 5x to get the code. G128 rings a bell

I would go with the grooving tool like Hardmill said.

^

opps? did I just say that :question:

I am sorry but I am confused by this statement. You have an Integrex that only works at B0 and B90 mind sharing that model number so I can tell everyone I know to run away from that machine.

I assume you guys got milling with your lathe seat correct?

It's an Integrex 200SY from 2001, it's able to index in every angle with 0.001mm step, but only operations with rotating tools as I wrote... The machining with clamped holders is only 0, 90 and 180 degrees! And it's not able to make 5-axis milling, because it's too old controlling (640 MT FUSION)! That's at least what Mazak have told me when I asked!

Yes, we have milling lvl.3 with lathe on 1 licens and milling lvl. 3 and 5 axis on another, very smart.. I have asked the administration several times to exchange this 5 axis licens to the turning, but it's too expensive!

I have tried to attached the part with my best idea to a milling, if any of you guys got a better you're welcome! :)

820.221.014-01.MCX

I know grooving would be a million times easier, but since the machine can't index with a clamped tool in other position than 0, 90 and 180 it will be a bit tough to hit the angle precisly enough, even I move the groove tool in the holder! It unfortunately have to be precise with the angle!

Well away around the index angle is to get a boring groove tool. Place it in a collet mill chuck and then set at the angle you are looking for now the Mill indexing is not a problem.

On that machine then yes you may be limited. Sorry about your problem with it, but if you set the angle different than 0, 90 and 180 and try turning on the milling spindle what kind of error do you get? Mazak has told many things I could not do with their machines only to have them come in and ask me how I did that with their machines. Look in the parameter book and see what it says maybe some one forgot to turn on the right parameter or something. I will take a look at your file when I get a chance. I only have X5 and X6 so I will not be able to send back a file with tool paths in it. I can post eia code if you would like for you to try.

I have tried several different things, but all in Mazatrol! I'm not an ISO expert for the Integrexes, so I'm trying to stay with Mazatrol when it's possible! When I try in Mazatrol, there is no program option to use B/C, only B/Y, which means I can't rotate the part while machining! When I make a manual milling program (MNP), I can index the spindle to the right angle, but I won't start moving from there! I really got no clue why! The lamp keeps being green, but it doesn't have any movement in the "buffer" or "remain" and no G or M code for execution!

If you could make an example of how you would make it in X6 it's great! I have X6 HLE, so I can check what you have done and make it myself in X4 and post it out...

I would really love to dig more into the possibilities with the Integrexes, but my time is limited and Mazak is really not helpful when it comes to give out information!