Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Just a couple questions

TERRYH

First is can someone explain how to create custom tooling for the tool library, we use core box tooling for the freeman corebox pins alot and I would like to have acurate tools in my library so when I run verify it comes out looking correct instead of something generic and you have to hope it's correct. And second I just recently upgraded to MCX6 and was wondering where would I get some info on all the new toolpaths avaliable in X6 as there is quite a bit more than in X4. Looking for setting info and what each toolpath is for.

As far as a custom tool is concerned it is very easy to do. You can open up an MCX-6 file of one the tools already installed in X6 ( tool files are in the mill folder ) to see where the origin wants to be and how to define your tool then simply draw your own tool and save the file. Then from the tool manager create a new tool and select undefined as the tool type. Select custom file for the profile. On the parameters page use the select button to select the file you created that represents the desired tool geometry. You could also from any file that you are working on draw the geometry on a level and select that level to define you tool.

You can look on the install dvd for any what's new details.

Hope this is helpful.

un fortunatly we do not have an install disk for X6 that I know of we have been doing the updates from downloading since before MCX2

Download the "Whats New" from mastercam.com (same as whats on the DVD)

X6 What's New - Self-extracting *.exe mastercamx6-whatsnew.exe

If you are on maintenance, contact your dealer about the FREE Mastercam U class.

Mastercam Maintenance

The Mastercam® Maintenance course is designed to help you understand the new features in Mastercam. This course is free to all Maintenance customers