Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DMU 50 Machine Sim model?

slyym

Does anyone have a Dmu 50 machine sim model they could share? If not could someone point in the right direction on finding information on how to create it myself. We just go our new machine up and running. We will be getting vericut here pretty soon but might still be a few weeks on that. Thanks in advance

What about contacting the Machine reseller for the machsim model? There maybe a cost associated with this, however then you know you will have the correct model.

If people have the model they may have paid for it already and may have signed an agreement to not re-distribute the model.

Yea I did contact them and they want to charge quite a bit for it. You would think they would cut us a break considering how much we just spent with them but guess not.

Hey Slyym

I know when some people purchase the machine they negotiate with the Machine reseller to "throw" it in or include it in the price which you would think shouldn't be an issues since they already have it modeled up. But I think its something you need to negotiate when you purchase the machine otherwise it becomes an accessory. Another suggestion, maybe a lot of work but you could always model up the machine yourself. I realize this isn't ideal but then you would have the models to do what you want with them.

I would just wait till you get Vericut.

HTH

Vericut was ordered today. Yeah!!!!!!

Now am I gonna be able to take the vericut model and get it to work in machine sim? Of course I will be using vericut most of the time but for a quick verify I think machine sim would work good. The vericut model should be stl as well right?

The vericut model should be stl as well right?

Vericut accepts .ply, .stl, catpart, NX prt and step formats if memory serves me correctly. Formats other than .stl or .ply requires the STEP/CATIA/NX interface - We have the STEP option and I couldn't praise it enough. Realy cool.

Now am I gonna be able to take the vericut model and get it to work in machine sim?

Vericut will allow you to export the cut stock to Vericut model format and STL I think. With the model export interface (Option) you can export it as a solid to STEP/CATIA formats... that's the cool thing about Vericut - Cut features are stored internally as accurate geometries, so whenever you have a non-freeform geometry (Holes, torus, slots, flats, sweeps, revolved geo, etc) this geometry can be exported as a b-rep solid... a hole in Vericut is a hole in the B-rep model, not tesselated geometry...

Good choice! CGTech support is as good as the software...

Best,

+1 on waiting untill vericut. Machine sim will be obsolete for you anyway.

MIke

Well, I think it really depends... if you have more than one programmer and just one VC license, I think it's worth to get mach sim working fine... it will save you time on Vericut fixing the obvious, such as tool holder interference or rapids going through... other programmer can fine tune his work while you are dealing with the basics...

One of the reason we bought TopSolid recently was the high quality machine simulation they offer for all machine types, including multi spindle/multi-channel millturns... even though we have the Vericut interface, we remove all major mistakes in the CAM simulation... when we go to Vericut is to catch those minors things that can yield major headaches...

So all in all, I think machine simulation in CAM is very worth too... and MC mach sim is a good tool AFAIK...

By the way: In X6, did they fix the problem with transformed toolpaths in mach sim?

JM2C