Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D Connexion mice

stuflo

uncle sam a claus has never been better to me than this yr

got my spacepilot pro in this morning and love the programmable keys

no more alt edit delete delete entites, just button 1!

the views are at my fingertip instead of hauling the mouse up to the toolbars,

the level manager is a button,

operations manager is another

its got a screen fit button

esc,ctrl,alt,shift,

you can set the buttons for keyboard functions like spacebar and on and on and on

its functions switch to the mastercam ones once mcam opens, its got separate functions on its own just in windows

so frikn sweet i cant stand it

Not sure if I already mentioned this in this thread - but go into the settings and change it so that pulling up and down on the puck is zoom in/out. If the movement doesn't feel natural after a few minutes of use, try reversing the zoom, pan left/right, and pan up/down settings. This is in the advanced tab of the settings. Once I switched those settings the whole thing came completely automatic.

I also tied the "Top" view button into Gview=Tplane. If you're doing simple vertical work this probably doesn't matter, but if you're doing 4 and 5 axis stuff it's a real time saver.

Not sure if I already mentioned this in this thread - but go into the settings and change it so that pulling up and down on the puck is zoom in/out. If the movement doesn't feel natural after a few minutes of use, try reversing the zoom, pan left/right, and pan up/down settings. This is in the advanced tab of the settings. Once I switched those settings the whole thing came completely automatic.

I also tied the "Top" view button into Gview=Tplane. If you're doing simple vertical work this probably doesn't matter, but if you're doing 4 and 5 axis stuff it's a real time saver.

ya that worked out really nicely cuz i didnt like how it originally was set now i really like the way it zooms pans and rotates

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I bought an older Space Pilot off eBay. I kind of bought it for my step-son so i could try it out, but I think it's going to work with me instead. This is simply the most amazing input device I have ever owned! It took me a total of about 30 seconds to get used to it. I am ordering two more!

Ok, I bought an older Space Pilot off eBay. I kind of bought it for my step-son so i could try it out, but I think it's going to work with me instead. This is simply the most amazing input device I have ever owned! It took me a total of about 30 seconds to get used to it. I am ordering two more!

LOL told you so :laughing:

Was sent a pic of my new work area, starting a new job in a week, leaving my current and sitting there on my new desk, as I ordered is a Space Pilot Pro.

I have not had one of some variation, from Spaceball to this newest one since I was working in V9 Mastercam

It's like American Express, "Don't leave home without it" :)

I got that. I couldn't find the Tool Manager in the Keymap menus. I forgot to come back and update this ;)

I have 5 configs setup now. But I find myself only using the one I have setup with my view manager and named views toggles. I still catch myself using the mouse wheel to zoom and rotate.

Hey thanks set that up as key 2 on my pro.

you need to make a mapped key inside of MC first . then while you have Mastercam open go to the setup for buttons on the pilot and set a new Macro key and use the mapped you made in MC to make the macro for the pilot. then it will be in the list and you can set a button to it.

PS when you make it in in the 3D con software make sure to give it the name tool Manager so it will be in the list.

I got that. I couldn't find the Tool Manager in the Keymap menus. I forgot to come back and update this ;)

I have 5 configs setup now. But I find myself only using the one I have setup with my view manager and named views toggles. I still catch myself using the mouse wheel to zoom and rotate.

You'll find the Tool Manager in the Machine Definition drop down

Yeah Jay. I figured out the tool manager macro. I couldn't find the button in the menus for key mapping inside Mastercam. I found it the other day but I forgot to come back and update. Here is what i have mapped and I absolutely love it...

Button Mapped Function

1..............View Manager

2..............Named Views

3..............Level Manager

4..............Operation Manager Toggle

5..............Shade Toggle

6..............2D/3D Toggle

I left the rest set to their default settings.

What do you guys have setup?

Ive got all available views set up in the view buttons even ones I had to customize and save

I got the shade, delete, level manager, set up ill be adding the tool manager now,

Can our own settings be saved, say if I was gonna bring mine on the job with me so I dont habe to manually go through and re set up my buttons the way I like

• 2 months later...

I have a Space Pilot Pro....I took it home because we were going through a change in management and they were on the controlling side when they started, so I told them I wouldn't be able to program for them the way things were going.. long story short that's all over now, after getting a raise finally and moving on to a slew of Sikorsky and Space-X parts. I have been working without the SPP for over a month or two now, and after only having it for around 2-3 months with sporadic programming, I really can't live without it. Takes forever to manipulate screens, etc. Good luck with your new toy!

I still need to master using mine, as I still haven't remembered all the functions without looking at the LCD....lol...what's your secret?

• 2 weeks later...