Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids regeneration

Alumenium

Hello all

I have a question on solids. why is it that many times my solids ive extruded become corrupted?

i'll be working with one and try to save the file as progress goes on, but mastercam tells me some solids need to be regenerated, or i might not be able to reopen the file, but when i try to regen them it says it cant?

I just went up to x6 and I still have the same problems

anybody have an idea on this?

Thank you

My best guess is that you've changed the wireframe geometry that the solids were made from. They retain associativity, so you can change the source geometry and then regenerate, but only if the source geometry still meets the requirements for the solid operation. In some cases you'll just need to go into the solids manager and re-select your chains.

Screen/Blank.. it makes the geometry invisible and uneditable.. so that you can't accidentally modify it

and wreck your solid model..

If you do this, you'll need to use Screen/Unblank if you need to edit anything that has been blanked

I alway put blanked geometry on a level named "Blanked" .. so I know what it is when I opene the file

up 6 months from now

You should Blank your geometry once you have created the solid, this will prevent you or anyone else from modifying or corrupting the Solid Geometry.

+1, the other thing you can do is if you are certain that you will not need to change/suppress any of the features of your solid, you can use the NOHIST.dll c-hook to remove any associativity that your extruded solid has. I have found this helpful on many occasions!

HTH Brendan

• Like 1