Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cnc file editor

jaanvar

Hi, I am an student and learning programming with g-codes manually. I write programs in notepad and I have to type alot, is there any good free cnc file editor/creator available so that I dont have to type much. I searched on internet but most of them are not free.

Thanks.

You want a CNC-specific editor that is free and will save you some typing? You are asking a lot. Especially since CNC is a nich market. The only free CNC-specific editor I am aware of is HAAS PC Quick Code by Esprit. Look here for the link:

HAAS Training

Won't save much typing, though.

Low cost? Try any of the 'Programmers Editors' you can find littering any software download site. Not CNC specific, but the better ones can do syntax highlighting and allow you to configure what is highlighted. Those better ones will cost you a bit of money, though.

CNC-Specific? CIMCO, Preaditor, and Bobcad all come to mind, though I wouldn't call any of them free or low-cost (well, not when compared to 'free' anyway).

quote:

Yeah, that's neat, but why to register ONLY via FAX?

The code you get only works on a particular instalation, too. Very clunky, if you ask me. They are pretty good about getting you the code, though.

jannvar: If you aren't using a HAAS, you might have to change some of the defaults. The 'safety line' at the start of the code and some of the canned cycles are HAAS-specific, and may not work properly on other CNCs. Good luck.