Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lang zero point

Bob W.

I have been reading up on Lang's zero point fixturing system because it will work perfectly for an application I have. I am curious how the clamping works. Hydraulic? Mechanical? I'd be interested in input from users as to the rigidity, accuracy, and general quality of this system.

Thanks,

Bob

I need a lower profile system than the Jergens zero point. These have to be surface mounted to my tombstone and I only have about an inch to work with for thickness.

Here is what I am referring to.

Are the gripping plungers in this unit that act on the pull studs hydraulically actuated, or mechanically?

According to their website http://www.lang-technovation.com/en/artikel/gruppen/51207.quick-point-0-point-clamping.html.

It is 27mm thick and is "manual clamping"...read mechanical.

Allan

According to their website http://www.lang-tech...-clamping.html.

It is 27mm thick and is "manual clamping"...read mechanical.

Allan

Right, I understand that the unit is clamped and released with an allen wrench, I am more interested in the internal workings. I am curious if the plungers are moved by hydraulics, similar to a hydraulic milling chuck, or if the internals are mechanical in nature like Ball Locks. More of a curiosity than anything.

The internals are mechanical. The base has a push rod style system in it, when you turn the hex bolt it pushes the internals to clamp the vise studs out and downword on all four studs at once. Picture 1

Accuracy is pretty good, .0005-.001 max., and rigidity is rock solid.

They also have a new cam lever that eliminates the need for an Allen wrench for clamping/unclamping. Takes up some space though and could get in the way for certain apps.