Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

drawing holes

Marty A

i have to draw around 300 tap holes in a 38.0 by 90.0 plate. the holes will be equaly spaced so i don't have a problem there. my question is this, i drew my first row of holes, now is there a way i can duplicate the row i drew instead of having to draw all 300 holes? there is 10 holes in each line x 30 lines. again i thank you in advance.

biggrin.gif marty biggrin.gif

Hey motty that slo works in any c-plane you are in. So if are in side, bottom, front, etc... it wil work the same way. just have to remeber unless you are in 3-d c-plane you will flip the axis of input ie if in front then it is x,z if in side it is y,z and so on and so on. The real trick is if on the back the the effect is the oppsite of what you type so the cordinate system reverses also. Same as with any oppsite of what you are sue to. It can also be dont from any place in space if you set the c-plane and the z0 to the place you are working. If you just pick a construction plane but do not put z0 realtive to that place it will put all drawn thing in a z0 relative to that postion. I am not talking about the origin I am talking about the z reference on the left side of the screen. Yuo origin and wcs all stay the same just imagine being in psace 100 miles above the earth. Home is still home just working at a reative distance to what you are doing at 100 miles in space is all. Imagine how much math it would be to do all of that realative to home vesre being able to make you are doing right there be realtive to itself.

Well just my 2 cents worth.

look at this thread there are some explaintions of WCS. WCS Topic

Crazy Millman