Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis milling using and angle head on a Mill-Turn

Hi folks,

As some of you probably know we are moving from Pro/NC to a new CAM system...

One of the things we checked during the benchmark was the ability to program angle heads using 5 axis motion... in a MTM...

We are still honing the PP and this week we achieved one more important item: Machine simulation using right angle head in a MTM...

http://youtu.be/t9AdQmT80rQ

It's not so fancy stuff, but not usual either... for CAM aficionados is worth a watch...

Cheers,

Daniel

Pretty cool Daniel.

I have inquired about that a some time ago here as well as on integrex machinist forum,but nobody was able to help me. I have also asked Mazak for help and have not gotten anywhere.

Right now we use coordinate system rotation (G68) but that is the extent of how far we go with our right angle heads. I would love to be able to use TCP to be able to do true 5 axis with our right angle heads.

Well,

We had to figure out the math to do it... but the heart of the solution is Sinumerik... the $P_FRAME:CROT statement plays a key role in rotating the machine coordinate system while the TCP is still being tracked dynamically...

I don't know if a FANUC based control like Matrix allow the user to rotate coordinate systems like a Sinumerik... I think they allow the developers to make it, but not really simple to normal people like us... In Sinumerik is the inverse, the power is at your hands all the time...

• 2 weeks later...